Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Curious Michael
Josiegirl 03:23 AM 06-13-2014
Why are unregistered people allowed to post? It obviously wouldn't cut down on all pot-stirrers but....I'm just curious.

(I know it's been asked before but cannot remember what your answer was and couldn't find it right away so opted for asking here)
Michael 03:24 AM 06-13-2014
Lots more unregistered offer great content. Not everyone wants to become a member right away. Usually many want to see what goes on here first before they use an email address to register.
KidGrind 04:33 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
Lots more unregistered offer great content. Not everyone wants to become a member right away. Usually many want to see what goes on here first before they use an email address.
I was a lurker for awhile. I’ve ran two sites with millions of hits. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA! I joined this forum because of it’s content and the information many posters share in a respectful way.

I’ve only interpreted 3 people respond to me rudely on this site. I’ve ignored or addressed briefly. Reading it I’ve always laughed and moved on. The vibe I get from this site is:

Our seeing things differently is NOT a judgement or insult of who we are as individuals. I've chalked any perceived rudeness as I am not their cup of tea or they’re having a bad eMoment.

Most on here do not know it but I have been in a year plus struggle to maintain my career. This site has helped soothe my rough ride.
Blackcat31 05:14 AM 06-13-2014
This is copied and pasted from a 2011ish thread. I think it does a great job of explaining the continued allowance of unregistered posters.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is Michael's response to this issue copied from another thread,

"Daycare.com is a global brand and gets lots of traffic be it American or Nigerian. Many come here to learn, read or partake once or many times.

My position comes more from the visitor standpoint since many are either thinking about starting a daycare or are caregivers that are looking for a simple answer. I know that when I am searching or read something that I want to impart some information, if the program asks for me to register I usually don't. I would have virtually thousands of accounts, all which would have my email and contact information.

Many times when I have that thought/answer in my head about what I want to comment on, the process of registering takes me out of my mindset.

I've set up this forum for what I believe is best for its members, users and “drop ins”.

I appreciate your feedback but have make up my mind a long time ago on this matter.

I did create the Members Only Off Topic thread. There are even options with this program for pass worded threads and fee based threads.

Currently this forum is free, moderated, advertisement free and open to all but spammers.

I would like to thank all the moderators that take the time to clear out the spam and keep this forum organized. We have increased our posts and traffic by 400% in the last few months!

Michael
Admin"

His reasoning in this topic is very logical. The easiest way to deal with posters with who you do not agree with both registered and unregistered is to simply ignore them. It is that easy.

midaycare 05:41 AM 06-13-2014
I was unregistered for awhile before I joined. I've only belonged since January, but unregistered users never bother me. Usually it's the chance to help someone who is just starting out, just like you guys helped me when I was starting out.
KiddieCahoots 06:24 AM 06-13-2014
I jumped right in! .......

I have been on other forums that did the drama, drama, drama thing.
It only took for me to read a few threads to thank my lucky stars, that I found this forum.

The "trolls" don't bother me. Seems like most just ignore them and carry on anyway. Sometimes it even seems to strengthen our bond and goal here.
Naptime yet? 07:52 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

Most on here do not know it but I have been in a year plus struggle to maintain my career. This site has helped soothe my rough ride.
Me too! It's nice to know you aren't always alone in your struggles!
Josiegirl 03:42 PM 06-13-2014
Thank you for explaining, I appreciate it.
Tags:unregistered posters
Reply Up