Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Sausages?
Lianne 07:59 PM 02-27-2011
I was given some really good, fresh pork sausages from a friend at the local farmer's market. I'd like to do something with them (other than grilled in a bun) for dinner tomorrow night but I don't know what. I have a well stocked fridge and pantry. I've got broccoli, green beans, zuchini, carrots, potatoes, onions, peppers (red, yellow and green), field and grape tomatoes. I've got different pastas, rice, canned & frozen soups/broths, sauces, canned & frozen vegetables, loads of dry spices and much more. I could also manage a trip to the store if I had to.

I don't eat beans (except green beans) or anything too spicy. Medium salsa is my spicy limit. I was thinking of cutting the sausages up and cooking them in a fry pan with sliced peppers but after that I'm not sure where to go.

Suggestions are welcome!
Pammie 03:39 AM 02-28-2011
Cooking the sausages with peppers and then adding to spaghetti sauce served over pasta is yummy!

Or cooked and then sliced in a chicken broth soup with some carrots, celery, escarole or spinach and some small-sized pasta is good (think wedding soup with sausage instead of meatballs:-))

I make a sausage skillet dish that the dc kids love - sausage with sliced potatoes browned in a skillet then add a couple of eggs - scramble and cook through. Add diced tomatoes right before serving.

Or remove the sausage meat from the casings mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with some ground beef or ground turkey to make meatballs or meatloaf.
MommyMuffin 02:09 PM 02-28-2011
I would cook the sausages and cut up and make a cheese sausage dish with penne pasta and lots of cheese and throw a veggie in there. I love casseroles...esp cheesy ones with cream soup.
Tags:recipe, sausages
Reply Up