Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Irritating Mom
kayla 07:40 AM 02-15-2012
i have a dcm who everyday she feels like she needs to stay for 30 min to talk. During this time she has used bad words in front of children, and then she also proceeds to talk about the other parents and there children what do i say or do to get this to stop her child is awesome but i cant deal with her wanting to hang around for 30 min or longer the cursing or how loud she is...
pfund2233 08:02 AM 02-15-2012
This sounds just like the mom I termed 3 weeks ago!!

I would simply tell her your not trying to be rude but she can no longer stay for the long periods of time. Just drop off/pick up and go. You decided this because you are finding it hard to care for the children the way you should with her there because she is a distraction for you and the kids and you are trying very hard to stay on a schedule.
PitterPatter 08:22 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
i have a dcm who everyday she feels like she needs to stay for 30 min to talk. During this time she has used bad words in front of children, and then she also proceeds to talk about the other parents and there children what do i say or do to get this to stop her child is awesome but i cant deal with her wanting to hang around for 30 min or longer the cursing or how loud she is...
I have the same problem! I tell her I have a schedule to keep and then tell the kids to give Mommy hugs and tell her have a good day. I then open the door for her with a smile. It USUALLY works, depends on how many complaints she has about her poor life.

A major dose or good luck wished to you here!
greenhouse 09:05 AM 02-15-2012
Doesn't she want to get home or get to work? What a time waster.
CheekyChick 11:37 AM 02-15-2012
I would tell her that as much as you enjoy chatting with her (cough, cough), that you cannot spend more than five minutes with each parent as it takes away from your end of the day activities with the remaining children.
momma2girls 12:17 PM 02-15-2012
Try and have her children ready for her at the door. When she comes in, say goodnight and walk away from her. I know this might sound rude, but honestly I have had parents like this as well. If I have to tell them something, I say it, and then say, well have a good night.
MrsB 12:31 PM 02-15-2012
If its during drop off time maybe you could say something clever like, "I'd love to stay and chat but I need to go do what you are paying me to do" "Gotta run before kids have rearanged the playroom" If its at pick up time maybe something like "got something on the stove and my husband is sick of eating dinner burnt.
Ariana 02:43 PM 02-15-2012
Tell her that you need to get back to the room to supervise and she's welcome to show herself out!
Daycare Diva 11:14 AM 02-17-2012
I have a parent like this. He lingers at pick up and drop off. I finally started putting his child coat on her while he is signing her out and then I say have a good day/ evening and open the door. He gets the hint real quick. He also wants to always send his daughter to the potty at pick up time. That would be fine except his child is not potty trained at all and can not do anything in the bathroom alone. She doesn't even talk. Lately my bathroom has been "occupied" every time he ask.
Tags:lingering parents
Reply Up