Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT: For Those With A Keurig: Where Do You Buy Your K-Cups?
Former Teacher 05:34 PM 05-07-2013
DH and I just bought our first Keurig

I already knew that the cups were expensive but geesh!

Anyway: where do you purchase yours?

Thanks!
MamaBearCanada 05:38 PM 05-07-2013
Costco - works out to 50 cent a cup. Other stores work out to about 75 cents but have more variety.

I also bought the My KCup insert so I can use ground coffee.
snbauser 05:41 PM 05-07-2013
I found that there are many off brand ones at places like Aldi's. For specific ones though, the Keurig website. Register your Keurig with them and sign up for their "K club". You get discounts and more. When you register your Keurig you will get a coupong for buy 2 and get 2 free. A lot of times they have deals too. The only thing I wish is that you could buy sample packs. I hate buying a big package to only find out that I don't like it.
LaLa1923 05:49 PM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Costco - works out to 50 cent a cup. Other stores work out to about 75 cents but have more variety.

I also bought the My KCup insert so I can use ground coffee.
me too!!!
MotherNature 06:54 PM 05-07-2013
I use a refillable cup-way cheaper, can fill with what I want, and less environmental waste. But if you're sold on k-cups, Costco, or on keurig.com, they do deals when you first buy it and when you accumulate points.
wahmof3 09:17 PM 05-07-2013
Amazon
Michael 11:09 PM 05-07-2013
Costco
I also have a Nespresso and highly recommend it .
Kaddidle Care 03:42 AM 05-08-2013
Bed, Bath and Beyond - they take the expired 20% off coupons and you can use more than one coupon per sale (1 for each item).

I haven't bought them in a while but I noticed they have increased in price.

They also have those little baskets so you can make your own K-cups with cheaper coffee.
LaLa1923 03:49 AM 05-08-2013
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I use a refillable cup-way cheaper, can fill with what I want, and less environmental waste. But if you're sold on k-cups, Costco, or on keurig.com, they do deals when you first buy it and when you accumulate points.

I like these too but you will need a few. I feel like they should be rinsed an dried between uses. The taste can also be different.
MsLaura529 03:53 AM 05-08-2013
Just curious - those of you buying Costco brand, have you ever had a problem with your keurig not being able to make a whole cup of coffee with the Kirkland K Cups? I just got a brand new Keurig (had to replace my old one because it broke), bought a box of the Kirkland Breakfast Blend, (awesome deal, 100 cups for $38) and they wont brew a full cup. It's like they're not the right grinding of the beans or something ...

I have tried other K Cups in it, and they work fine ... Just curios if I got a bad batch or something?

Sorry to hi-jack. :\
DaisyMamma 04:01 AM 05-08-2013
We have a grocery store called shoprite. When they are on sale they are 6.99 when not on sale they are 8.99.
LaLa1923 04:03 AM 05-08-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Just curious - those of you buying Costco brand, have you ever had a problem with your keurig not being able to make a whole cup of coffee with the Kirkland K Cups? I just got a brand new Keurig (had to replace my old one because it broke), bought a box of the Kirkland Breakfast Blend, (awesome deal, 100 cups for $38) and they wont brew a full cup. It's like they're not the right grinding of the beans or something ...

I have tried other K Cups in it, and they work fine ... Just curios if I got a bad batch or something?

hmmm. Have you checked your hot water cup setting? Sometimes that can be on 4ozs.

I buy green mountain, I've never tried their brand,,
LaLa1923 04:04 AM 05-08-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
We have a grocery store called shoprite. When they are on sale they are 6.99 when not on sale they are 8.99.
for how many cups??

I go through a big box from costco in about a month.
canadiancare 04:33 AM 05-08-2013
do you like always the same flavour? I see Beyond The Rack often has them here in Canada (this is an online warehouse type store) I think there is a US version, too.

We have a Saeco machine so we use beans.
Kaddidle Care 03:43 AM 05-09-2013
You can also buy direct from Green Mountain Coffee Co. I don't drink enough of it to make it worth my while but if you do - they have decent prices if you buy enough. (last time I looked anyway.)
canadiancare 04:36 AM 05-09-2013
also I am pretty sure that the Keurig offers the option to buy a cup you can fill with your own coffee.
MotherNature 05:57 AM 05-09-2013

I've had this happen many times & googled the solution. In my case, I was shutting it off as soon as my coffee brewed. You have to let the water cycle all the way through, until the ready light pops on again, else you short the next cup. HTH!
mama0609 08:35 AM 05-09-2013

I have found that i cannot use off brand k-cups in my keurig. I have tried Walmart brand and Aldi brand and they don't brew a whole cup. Its like it just quits. I have a reusable cup that I use with ground coffee and it works well, is cheaper and less waste than the cups. My husband prefers using the k-cups though but doesn't drink coffee that often so I keep a box for him.
I also cleaned out the keurig and ran vinegar through it thinking that was the problem but it did not help.
Tags:coffee, off topic
Reply Up