Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sitter City?
SilverSabre25 07:15 PM 05-14-2011
Just wondering if anyone advertises on Sitter City or if it's really just geared for "regular" baby-sitters, not in-home daycares. I don't really want "normal" babysitting jobs...I'm just trying to come up with more places to advertise!
PitterPatter 07:25 PM 05-14-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Just wondering if anyone advertises on Sitter City or if it's really just geared for "regular" baby-sitters, not in-home daycares. I don't really want "normal" babysitting jobs...I'm just trying to come up with more places to advertise!
I use that and care.com. I had a couple hits from each but they were for infants, weekend care and evening care which I do not supply care for.
Former Teacher 08:07 PM 05-14-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I LOVE sittercity and care.com. However I am mainly looking for babysitting jobs on the weekends.

I will say that I have recieved more "clients" from sittercity than I did from care.com
Cat Herder 07:30 AM 05-15-2011
OT but relevant.

I listed my daycare on here (daycare.com) recently because I was curious and figured I may as well since both of my "competition" are listed on here. I don't have any openings, but you never know what the future will bring in this business.

I had the first call within one hour of hitting submit . By the end of the 5 day work week there had been 11 calls total. All wanting full-time care.

Three were placed on my wait list since they were looking for exactly what I offer (everything ). All were also referred to my "competition" and given a list of local resources and CCR&R's.

Not a bad gig for all of us in this sleepy/hidden community. We are off the beaten track of a major city and in the opposite direction of most locals commute. Exactly where I like to be.

Of course now I have to turn the ringer off / machine on during naptime and weekends....
nannyde 08:13 AM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
OT but relevant.

I listed my daycare on here (daycare.com) recently because I was curious and figured I may as well since both of my "competition" are listed on here. I don't have any openings, but you never know what the future will bring in this business.

I had the first call within one hour of hitting submit . By the end of the 5 day work week there had been 11 calls total. All wanting full-time care.

Three were placed on my wait list since they were looking for exactly what I offer (everything ). All were also referred to my "competition" and given a list of local resources and CCR&R's.

Not a bad gig for all of us in this sleepy/hidden community. We are off the beaten track of a major city and in the opposite direction of most locals commute. Exactly where I like to be.

Of course now I have to turn the ringer off / machine on during naptime and weekends....
That's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I have one going off to Kindy in the fall so hopefully mine will be ringing off the wall too
Former Teacher 08:25 AM 05-15-2011
OT but relevant.

In your opinion: do you think advertising on here would work for someone like me? I am a private nanny who is just looking for side jobs on the weekends. Then July 2012 I will be looking for full time work as the family I work for is moving

I don't want to bother Michael for something so silly

Thanks catherder!
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
In your opinion: do you think advertising on here would work for someone like me? I am a private nanny who is just looking for side jobs on the weekends. Then July 2012 I will be looking for full time work as the family I work for is moving

I don't want to bother Michael for something so silly

Thanks catherder!
It should . Especially if you put "Nanny" in your listed business name somehow. I know my parents would LOVE to have someone like you available so they are not so reliant on their family for weekend/night things. I'd probably beg you to work out a deal with my clients, too.

Nobody around here offers that, it is a VERY needed service. I can't because I have 3 kids of my own still in the house and I'd like to keep my husband around.

When you list it here it lets you put in your hours of operation and a paragraph about yourself. The parents then look for you by typing in their zipcode and clicking on your business name for more information.

It was pretty painless. I was impressed.
Former Teacher 08:43 AM 05-15-2011
It should . Especially if you put "Nanny" in your listed business name somehow. I know my parents would LOVE to have someone like you available so they are not so reliant on their family for weekend/night things. I'd probably beg you to work out a deal with my clients, too.

Nobody around here offers that, it is a VERY needed service. I can't because I have 3 kids of my own still in the house and I'd like to keep my husband around.

When you list it here it lets you put in your hours of operation and a paragraph about yourself. The parents then look for you by typing in their zipcode and clicking on your business name for more information.

It was pretty painless. I was impressed.
Ok great thanks! (hugs)
daycare 01:07 PM 05-15-2011
OT but relevant.

I have beeen listed on daycarematch.com for one year and got nothing
I also posted on here and got NOThing, but mad. They posetd my address which I asked for it to be removed several times, and after a month it was finally removed but then when you typed in my zip code, my daycare did not come up. it was showing up in a different city....so no more paying sites for me. stinks
Abigail 01:20 PM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have beeen listed on daycarematch.com for one year and got nothing
I also posted on here and got NOThing, but mad. They posetd my address which I asked for it to be removed several times, and after a month it was finally removed but then when you typed in my zip code, my daycare did not come up. it was showing up in a different city....so no more paying sites for me. stinks
This happened on our daycare site? I will have to go search my area again. I know last time I checked I think they did have addresses, but I'll go look again.
Cat Herder 01:57 PM 05-16-2011
I had 3 more calls today from here... one for a set of newborn girls.

I wish!! That would be so much fun!!!! I am ************ heavy these days....

Test-to-sterone is a bad word??

Yeah, it does show your address, but my state already publishes that and GPS wont take you to my house. It swears I live in an old barn down by the stables a couple miles away...
daycare 02:03 PM 05-16-2011
Lol I tried to type it once and I couldn't hahaha
Tags:babysitter
Reply Up