Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Insurance For Your Daycare?
3kidzmama 06:38 PM 02-22-2011
I am planning to open in June, and am planning to license for 16-32 children (depending on the building I end up in).... How many of you are insured? How would I even go about finding out about insurance? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Unregistered 10:20 AM 02-23-2011
I am licensed through my homeowners policy but it sounds like you are going to be running a center so I don't think you could qualifiy for that. I think ACA offers insurance for centers. acainc.org

good luck!
3kidzmama 05:56 PM 02-23-2011
Ok I will look into that. And yes, I am planning to open a center. Thanks for your help! I had no idea where to begin looking!
blessed mom 09:27 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am licensed through my homeowners policy but it sounds like you are going to be running a center so I don't think you could qualifiy for that. I think ACA offers insurance for centers. acainc.org

good luck!
So does homeowners insurance usually cover you so that you don't need liability insurance?
melskids 03:11 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by blessed mom:
So does homeowners insurance usually cover you so that you don't need liability insurance?
here, my homeowners wouldnt cover me, or even offer me a rider or a seperate policy. my DC insurance is through a whole different company.
Reply Up