Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>RATING Daycares...
Angelwings36 02:03 PM 03-21-2011
I am writting in reference of the site www.childcareratingz.com...

I can not believe that such a site is allowed to 'legally' run. How is it that a previous parent who once had their child enrolled in such daycare can turn around and bash the provider and there is nothing the provider can do about it? The majority of the time the parent's that are posting NEGATIVE comments about daycares are parents that us providers have run into problems with ourselves. Whether it be not following policies, masking childrens fevers with tylenol to get them into daycare in the morning, not paying on time or trying not to pay at all...it makes me so angry! I had a lady who previously had her daughter enrolled in my daycare completely slander my name...EACH AND EVERY WORD SHE POSTED ABOUT ME WAS 100% UNTRUTHFUL...and yet there is nothing I can do about this? I tried flagging the post...writting to the site and still this post remains on here and contains my full legal name! This post was dated back to 6 months ago...I just found it this weekend. I have not had any problems keeping my daycare spaces filled but I am still just so outraged that this lady was PERMITTED to do this! And to make it that much worse the only reason I had a problem with this lady is because her husband ended up on E.I. so he was able to stay home and take care of her daughter and she refused to pay her one month's notice that was agreed upon in our contract. When I pursued her for this payment this is how she reacted...by trying to ruin my business and she has been ALLOWED to do this? UGH! How in any way whatsoever is this right??
Michael 05:14 PM 03-21-2011
Its playing off the fears of parents. We do not rate or allowing rating on our Daycare.com registry.
Angelwings36 05:29 PM 03-21-2011
I am so glad too that you do not allow that. The site I listed is just completely horrible...providers are getting bashed left right and center and for the most time the comments parents are posting are not even true. The sad part is that the site continues to allow these things to continue and even when you flag a post the site does not remove it. I agree that there are terrible providers out there but there are also good providers that run into bad parents and a site like this leaves the 'good providers' left to be unfairly attacked as well with no grounds to protect their business.
Tags:parents - fear, rating - daycare, rating system
Reply Up