Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>For Those Of You In Canada
CountryMommy 02:00 PM 02-08-2012
Do you use an accountant to file your taxes? If so, is there anyone here in the Lethbridge Alberta region that could recommend someone to me?

If you use a software to file your taxes, which one do you use? I've always used Turbo Tax but it seems so complicated to me to file all the dayhome expenses because it's not set up to be daycare specific in its deductions and stuff.

HELP This is my first year doing my taxes as self-employed dayhome owner and I don't want to make mistakes.
Michael 07:43 PM 02-08-2012
I'm pushing this back up. We have a lot of Canadian forum members.
frugalmama4 02:00 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by CountryMommy:
Do you use an accountant to file your taxes? If so, is there anyone here in the Lethbridge Alberta region that could recommend someone to me?

If you use a software to file your taxes, which one do you use? I've always used Turbo Tax but it seems so complicated to me to file all the dayhome expenses because it's not set up to be daycare specific in its deductions and stuff.

HELP This is my first year doing my taxes as self-employed dayhome owner and I don't want to make mistakes.
Hello Country Mommy,

This is my first year also...I found this lady though another home daycare provider (she has used he for the last four years)

This lady actually travels to the state's (Houston TX, area) during tax season and than heads back up to Canada til next tax season.

Mrs.Martin-281-367-2929 Houston number
email:rapid_tax@sbcglobal.net

BTW she have clients all over the world...and she IT'S over priced!
Angelwings36 02:33 PM 02-09-2012
I am in Saskatchewan so sorry I would not know who to recommend to you. I do all of my taxes myself and I do them online. I also keep a paper copy for my records. I find it easier to fill out the paper form first as there is usually a few mistakes along the way then all you have to do is transfer it online and hit submit.

Another lady in my area takes hers to H & R Block, is there one in Lethbridge you could use?

My aunt ran a daycare in Lethbridge for many, many years I could also ask her if she knows of anyone and get back to you on that, if you're still looking for help at that time.
LittleD 06:45 AM 02-10-2012
I do my own, but I know others who use an accountant. You're probably better off to look in your local yellow pages and make some calls, see if anyone has experience with daycare taxes.
Tags:accountant, canada
Reply Up