Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider child has ringworm
mommyneedsadayoff 07:17 AM 09-09-2015
I have been reading the thread on ringworm, but I am still unsure of what to do in my situation, so any advice is appreciated.

My daughter has these spots and we are seeing the doc today because I think it is ring worm. She has one on her leg, one on he wrist, and two on her face. If it is ringworm, what should I do in terms of my daycare? I can keep them covered (the face ones would be tough, though), but she has to be with me, so do I just tell parents and give them the option of coming? I have heard this stuff can take awhile to clear up and if they decide not to come, I will lose so much income, so is there a better option? As a daycare, am I allowed to stay open when my own child has such a contagious disease? We didn't realize the marks were anything other than bug bites for almost a week, s the other kids have been exposed, so does that make a difference? AAny help you can offer would be great. This is coming at a terrible time. My daughter starts preschool tomorrow and was so excited to go, but won't be able to for who knows how long, so I am super bummed for her
mommyneedsadayoff 10:12 AM 09-09-2015
UPDATE:
It is ring worm and got a topical prescription for it.
One mom has picked up and will keep kid out through the week.
The other parents don't seem to care.

Do I refund the first mom's money? She pays monthly and since this is an illness with my own child, should I not make her pay for the days she keeps dcg home? My darn contract is a bit grey in this area. It says that I will notify parents if a contagious illness occurs in my children and close daycare at no cost. My doc said it is contagious, but not highly contagious and can take weeks to go away, so he didn't seem too concerned. Would this qualify as highly contagious? Agh...not sure what to do!
daycarediva 10:12 AM 09-09-2015
I would inform them of the previous potential exposure and outline what you are doing to prevent the spread (cover, treat, universal precautions) beyond that, I wouldn't offer to discount days or not remain open. This is one of those things that is common in child care situations and if caught/treated and covered, doesn't pose too much risk to the other children in care.
Play Care 10:22 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would inform them of the previous potential exposure and outline what you are doing to prevent the spread (cover, treat, universal precautions) beyond that, I wouldn't offer to discount days or not remain open. This is one of those things that is common in child care situations and if caught/treated and covered, doesn't pose too much risk to the other children in care.

butterfly 10:38 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

If mom asked, I would refund her for the days she kept the child home. Since your contract did say you would close at no cost. To me, it wouldn't be worth the waves not refunding her would cause if she was expecting a refund...
Reply Up