Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Work Drama with Parent
Flowerchild 08:28 AM 01-10-2019
So I was wondering your opinion of this. A parent came in and helped her child put blocks away. It was after snack. I was sitting with my one child who was still eating and the rest in centers mainly block and home living. So nothing looked out of the ordinary to us but she said said nothing to me left and complained about the corners being disgusting. So we have to bend backwards and nearly break our backs to please this woman. She was involved in drama before by getting too close to a coworker and then unfriending us all on fb. That's as close as I would get to any parent but I don't add everyone. Hardly anyone. Well this coworker talked poop about every body to her including me probably. She said some horrible stuff. Stuff not true. We fired her then the next day we got reported with false and made up concerns. All was well for a while until this. Somehow it expanded to other people getting involved for doing nothing. It was weird. I'm still confused. We are just very cautious around her for no reason. I have to extreme clean every little thing now. It's already a lot. I just feel like nothing I do is right. So frustrating. My boss is too nice. I don't think she's ever terminated any parent before 😭 so much stress. I feel like I'm under a microscope. At one point the child peed on herself and we had to call mom before she picked her up to prevent problems. She didn't have pants and I felt like I told her the last time she peed and we had to use extras. I'm very high strung but this drama causes me to feel like I hate my job and I just want to go do it and be done. No stupid drama or extra work for people pleasing. Maybe I'm being silly
Flowerchild 08:31 AM 01-10-2019
By nothing I mean there was a text involved. I don't think that person got unnecessarily involved I think she was just telling my boss something. She had nothing to do with ur. I'm not sure what happened but it's been crazy lately
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Flowerchild:
So we have to bend backwards and nearly break our backs to please this woman.
That is the problem.

Why are you (or the staff and/or owner) trying to please this mom? Is she the licensor? the one in charge of whether you are legal to operate?

If not, her only option is to decide if your program is a good fit for her. If she doesn't like the condition of the corners, but they passes licensing inspections, she can find care elsewhere.

I don't aim to please my client expectations other than what I promise them upon enrollment and that is usually only license compliance.

Stop allowing this parent to think she has a say in anything not related directly to the care of her child.

If she has a complaint, direct her to the Director or to licensing.
Snowmom 09:00 AM 01-10-2019
I wouldn't address her at all.

Why is she even allowed in the childcare area beyond depositing and picking up her child?

If she has an issue, she should be addressing the owner/director. Don't let her affect your day whatsoever!
If the owner is putting the issue on you, then you might want to think about a different job.... because that's a manager's task, not an employee's.
Ariana 09:02 AM 01-10-2019
If it were me and I have been in this situation before with a toxic co-worker I would go to my boss and let her know how you are feeling and let her know if she is not terminated (OR whatever you want to happen does not happen) you will be finding work elsewhere. I was lucky in that my boss chose me over the psycho coworker (everyone was dealing with her craziness so he was well aware this was not my problem).

Is the stress worth it to you? There is nothing more stressful than dreading work every day.
Flowerchild 09:25 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
If it were me and I have been in this situation before with a toxic co-worker I would go to my boss and let her know how you are feeling and let her know if she is not terminated (OR whatever you want to happen does not happen) you will be finding work elsewhere. I was lucky in that my boss chose me over the psycho coworker (everyone was dealing with her craziness so he was well aware this was not my problem).

Is the stress worth it to you? There is nothing more stressful than dreading work every day.
So true. But it's close to work and I'm still learning to drive. I want to stay until I have my license and car. I'm pretty behind lol
Flowerchild 09:26 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I wouldn't address her at all.

Why is she even allowed in the childcare area beyond depositing and picking up her child?

If she has an issue, she should be addressing the owner/director. Don't let her affect your day whatsoever!
If the owner is putting the issue on you, then you might want to think about a different job.... because that's a manager's task, not an employee's.
She spoke to my boss the director and the director is the one putting the stress on me to do everything right. She came in one day and spent the day clean g like it's spring
Flowerchild 09:27 AM 01-10-2019
The boss is the director**
Flowerchild 09:29 AM 01-10-2019
And I'm cleaning up the back room which is a storage room I. My classroom. It's separate from room and nobody but teachers are allowed in. I know I was we need to clean but only i am. I'm guilty of some of the mess and someone else cleaned the craftroom.
Flowerchild 09:30 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Flowerchild:
And I'm cleaning up the back room which is a storage room I. My classroom. It's separate from room and nobody but teachers are allowed in. I know I was we need to clean but only i am. I'm guilty of some of the mess and someone else cleaned the craftroom.
I do this during nap time the only paid ti.e I can do it
Flowerchild 12:17 PM 01-10-2019
Thanks for your opinions. I've been unhappy for a while and wonder if a different place would be better. But right now I'm sick gets till I figure something out. I love kids. Just not bad behavior or stupid timbers or stress. What kind of jobs would you recommends? I'm pay shy and introverted to
Tags:center workers
Reply Up