Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP Who Never Returns Forms
maryjane007 01:39 PM 09-20-2019
I have a DCP team who uses the one against the other for excuses. No matter what I send home, there is always an excuse as to why they didn't bring diapers, wipes, shoes, pay check...etc. now, they are late on paper work again. I gave a deadline for today and had to ask again. The dcd said he was working and had not had a chance to read it in one week . I usually end up texting them both and asking repeatedly. I really cannot afford to term, is it ridiculous to place them on probation first, for not comply with the terms of the agreement.
Cat Herder 01:50 PM 09-20-2019
Turn them away at the door. Tell them to come back with what they forgot. Simple, and works every time.
boy_mom 01:59 PM 09-20-2019
I would deny care until all paperwork, supplies and payments are up to date. If you cant term this is the next best thing!
Ariana 02:21 PM 09-20-2019
Agree send them home. Just this week I had to send home for rain boots and diapers. These parents are just too much sometimes.
maryjane007 03:19 PM 09-20-2019
You are all right. The DCD has become loud when I have turned him away before. Now it's time to address the situation clearly.
Pestle 06:06 PM 09-20-2019
Can you text them this weekend? "I can accept Jimmy into care Monday morning if he's got all his supplies and the forms come with him."

The only reason you need to give is "I legally must have the forms for every child in my care" and "I can only take care of your child if you've sent me what your child needs so I take care of them." No excuses or apologies.

Please tell me you're charging them late payment fees.

Start looking for people to interview. Since they've violated your policies many times, can you terminate care once you've filled their child's space with a new kid? In the meantime, you could do what I did--raise your price per day and provide your own supplies.
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up