Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sometimes I Think Pumping Gas Looks Like A Better Job!
mrsnj 10:26 AM 01-30-2014
I have a divorcing set of parents here who have been fighting. DCG was full time when starting. They divided the week as a compromise so DCG was coming three days which was still considered FT since she is about 10 hrs a day. Last week mom says they are finalizing everything and wants to add back in Tues. Ok......
Then I get a text this week saying she now is coming W, Th and EVERY OTHER FRIDAY. Seriously? You go from three days to asking for four and then drop down to THAT schedule??

So you know what is coming right??

I just get a text: "Since (DCG's) schedule is changing will that change her rate?" Seriously??? You want me to take a baby for two days and EVERY OTHER FRIDAY and ask me to do PT/FT every other week?? Cause, yeah, fitting someone else into that schedule will be easy! No problem! NOOOOOOOOOO!

I deleted the text. I think it completely inappropriate to text me business things like that. Its ok for "Im coming at 3 to pick up". Not ok to discuss this.

Mom needs to either go PT or FT. She goes down...I am filling her position. The agreement was a FT baby. Not a messed up schedule like that! She can go back to the center she came from and pay their rate instead. My FT rate is their PT rate. Or she can continue on the payment she has and work her schedule in.

I am just really pissed she would even consider asking. Then to do so via text??! Just over their whole drama situation!

What is with parents??! "Please can't you watch my kid for pennies? Change my schedule on a whim and care for her for 10 hours a day. And don't I get a discount for that too?"
Play Care 10:33 AM 01-30-2014
Yowza!!! I don't blame you at all!
Annalee 10:33 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
I have a divorcing set of parents here who have been fighting. DCG was full time when starting. They divided the week as a compromise so DCG was coming three days which was still considered FT since she is about 10 hrs a day. Last week mom says they are finalizing everything and wants to add back in Tues. Ok......
Then I get a text this week saying she now is coming W, Th and EVERY OTHER FRIDAY. Seriously? You go from three days to asking for four and then drop down to THAT schedule??

So you know what is coming right??

I just get a text: "Since (DCG's) schedule is changing will that change her rate?" Seriously??? You want me to take a baby for two days and EVERY OTHER FRIDAY and ask me to do PT/FT every other week?? Cause, yeah, fitting someone else into that schedule will be easy! No problem! NOOOOOOOOOO!

I deleted the text. I think it completely inappropriate to text me business things like that. Its ok for "Im coming at 3 to pick up". Not ok to discuss this.

Mom needs to either go PT or FT. She goes down...I am filling her position. The agreement was a FT baby. Not a messed up schedule like that! She can go back to the center she came from and pay their rate instead. My FT rate is their PT rate. Or she can continue on the payment she has and work her schedule in.

I am just really pissed she would even consider asking. Then to do so via text??! Just over their whole drama situation!

What is with parents??! "Please can't you watch my kid for pennies? Change my schedule on a whim and care for her for 10 hours a day. And don't I get a discount for that too?"
That would be so frustrating. Parents just do not or REFUSE to see the whole picture. I have parents that only come two/three days but all my parents pay 52 weeks a year.....same flat rate, spot, not attendance. That part-time pay would drive me bonkers...
Unregistered 11:16 AM 01-30-2014
I already have a pt baby that is not working. When she came it was set days. Now they want flexible pt schedule. She takes my whole wk for three half days! It's pushing me over and getting ready to deal with that. Now I have this bouncing around schedule every other week? Nope. Not doing it. Sorry. She either goes pt n finds a sitter on Fridays in which I will fill her spot or she keeps her schedule as is. I don't mind working with people but this gets old
mrsnj 11:52 AM 01-30-2014
I already have a pt baby that is not working. When she came it was set days. Now they want flexible pt schedule. She takes my whole wk for three half days! It's pushing me over and getting ready to deal with that. Now I have this bouncing around schedule every other week? Nope. Not doing it. Sorry. She either goes pt n finds a sitter on Fridays in which I will fill her spot or she keeps her schedule as is. I don't mind working with people but this gets old
mrsnj 06:35 AM 01-31-2014
Well mom didn't seem overly pleased with my answer. Told her if she wants to reserve the Fridays, she has to pay FT. If she wants to drop the Friday and open that up let me know (of which I will be filling her spot. Not that I told her that). I won't do PT one week and FT the next. She said ok but wasn't looking thrilled. The end result is she won't be going anywhere with that schedule who would take a baby for anything less. She knows my rates are low compared to where she came from. So I am a little offended she would expect me to discount her for a schedule that isn't solid.
Tags:burn out, enforcing policies - consistency, schedule - changes, stress
Reply Up