Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Kits For Infants
Unregistered 01:49 PM 06-19-2018
I'm taking an online safety training course approved by the State of NJ. In it, they mention having a bag or container that is filled with supplies that can be taken with you in the event of an emergency. This includes books, lightweight toys/activities, diapers, water, and snacks.

What do you do if a child or child(ren) in your care are fed breastmilk (ebf)? The video mentions packing formula (which would potentially require all parents to bring an extra container of powdered formula if you do not provide food for infants- as many daycares here do not.) Obviously, you cannot keep breastmilk in an emergency kit.

So, what do you do? Do you just feed the breastfed baby formula?
BrynleeJean 01:55 PM 06-19-2018
You can have a little breastmilk/bottle sized cooler in your freezer ready to go with an ice pack so you can stuff babies breast milk in it on your way out. its another stop by the fridge but if its necessary and doesn't take but a second to grab its should be a big deal.
LysesKids 03:18 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm taking an online safety training course approved by the State of NJ. In it, they mention having a bag or container that is filled with supplies that can be taken with you in the event of an emergency. This includes books, lightweight toys/activities, diapers, water, and snacks.

What do you do if a child or child(ren) in your care are fed breastmilk (ebf)? The video mentions packing formula (which would potentially require all parents to bring an extra container of powdered formula if you do not provide food for infants- as many daycares here do not.) Obviously, you cannot keep breastmilk in an emergency kit.

So, what do you do? Do you just feed the breastfed baby formula?
Whenever I get freebie formula (cans or sticks of powder), I save them for my kit, and as was mentioned you can grab one or two of the emergency EBF from the freezer w/a small ice cooler ( I require my moms to label their bags)... I keep clean 4 oz bottles in the bag just so I can make the formula up.
hwichlaz 07:08 PM 06-19-2018
In an emergency...feed the baby. Period. Formula is fine. Try to remember to grab the BM, but if you don’t...formula is appropriate infant food.

I just put some of the single serve tubes and a jug of purified water in my kit.
Tags:emergency plan, emergency preparedness plan
Reply Up