Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Billing - Credit card, Direct Deposit or check
Sandbox 11:34 PM 03-03-2011
Hi All,

I hope everyones had a good week.

We have a question around billing. Which payment method do you'all accept from your families? Credit card, direct deposit, check or a combination?

We're trying to determine which options are the most important to have in Sandbox.

Thanks so much!
Jeff
Reply
Little People 04:15 AM 03-04-2011
I only accept Cash and all payments are made on Friday's for the upcoming week
Reply
snbauser 04:30 AM 03-04-2011
I accept cash, check, money order, or direct deposit. I won't do credit card or atm because of the additional fees. Right now have 10 that pay cash/check/money order and 2 that pay direct deposit.
Reply
Danielle 04:48 AM 03-04-2011
Cash, check or money order. I mostly get paid in cash which is great b/c I hate remembering to go to the bank.
Reply
gbcc 05:05 AM 03-04-2011
I use the direct deposit method with minute menu. All of my parents choose this option but 2. The other two pay check but once they bounce it on me they need to sign up for the direct deposit or pay cash. Luckily no issues!
Reply
lil angels 05:15 AM 03-04-2011
I do cash or check. would like to try the minute menu thing but nervous it wouldn't work for me. I tried to give out an email to my family's that I had set up just for daycare and nobody gave me theirs not sure what that is about.
Reply
MyAngels 05:27 AM 03-04-2011
Cash or check, I would do direct deposit if any families were interested. No credit card or PayPal because of the fees.
Reply
DCMom 05:32 AM 03-04-2011
Check, direct deposit and cash here.
Reply
Cat Herder 05:54 AM 03-04-2011
Parents have two options:

1. Direct Deposit with Minute Menu Kids

2. Cash

I am burnt out on bounced checks....
Reply
3kidzmama 06:00 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Parents have two options:

1. Direct Deposit with Minute Menu Kids

2. Cash

I am burnt out on bounced checks....

What is minute menu kids?
Reply
Sandbox 08:10 AM 03-04-2011
O.k. this is great, we're going to need to accepts all options in the software.

For those accepting direct deposit - If the payment does not go through do you simply call the parents to let them know, and then try to re run the charge once they say money is in the account?

Also, what software do you use to set up the direct deposit?

Thanks for the help!!
Reply
daycare 08:24 AM 03-04-2011
i take online payment through childcare.com
cash and check... no other forms of payment
Reply
Blackcat31 08:46 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Cash or check, I would do direct deposit if any families were interested. No credit card or PayPal because of the fees.
I do it this way too. I also except money orders.
Reply
snbauser 02:57 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by Sandbox:
O.k. this is great, we're going to need to accepts all options in the software.

For those accepting direct deposit - If the payment does not go through do you simply call the parents to let them know, and then try to re run the charge once they say money is in the account?

Also, what software do you use to set up the direct deposit?

Thanks for the help!!
I use childcarepay.com. It is directly linked to Minute Menu so it updates my records automatically when a parent makes a payment. As far as a payment not going through, I actually never thought about it because I have never had to deal with it. Both of mine that use direct deposit have it set on automatic so they don't have to remember to send the payment and it has always gone through.
Reply
Cat Herder 04:09 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I use childcarepay.com. It is directly linked to Minute Menu so it updates my records automatically when a parent makes a payment. As far as a payment not going through, I actually never thought about it because I have never had to deal with it. Both of mine that use direct deposit have it set on automatic so they don't have to remember to send the payment and it has always gone through.
Same, here.... Automatic payments and so far no one has missed a payment.

I do check the "unpaid invoices" and my checking account at 5:30 on Monday Mornings.

If the money is not in there my policy states that I expect cash at drop-off prior to care. Once I have that in hand I'd just delete the invoice and type it in manually as a cash payment, instead.

No fuss/no muss.
Reply
Sandbox 06:38 PM 03-07-2011
That makes sense. No fuss is also good; especially around getting paid on time. We hadn't considered cash payments yet, I think we'll handle it the same way as checks.

As always thanks for the insights! You're a great group to work with!
Reply
SandeeAR 07:37 AM 03-08-2011
Cash or Checks for me.
Reply
missnikki 07:41 AM 03-08-2011
Cash, Checks, money order, french perfume and jewels.
Reply
Cat Herder 07:43 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
What is minute menu kids?
I am so sorry... I just saw this. I started using this last year and it has simplified things so much for me. It takes a bit of time to learn, but has its own handbook readily available at all times for reference...

http://www.minutemenukids.com/welcome/
Reply
broncomom1973 11:52 AM 03-08-2011
I get paid either in cash or by check.
Reply
Tags:billing, charging parents, daycare software, payment method
Reply Up