Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So glad I change my hours for the summer
snbauser 05:28 AM 06-18-2012
My hours are normally 7am-5:30pm. I had a large graduating group this year so I am down to any where between 5-7 kids each day for the summer. Of those kids, all but 2 are teacher kids and of those 2, one never drops off before 7:30 and the other one rarely drops off before then and only comes intermittently during the summer because mom sets her own schedule and he has older siblings home. So for the summer - starting today - I changed my hours to 7:30am-5pm giving me an extra hour with my kids each day. My first child showed at 7:50 this morning. My second at 8:10. It is 8:30 and I still only have 2 kids. So glad I wasn't ready at 7am waiting.
snbauser 05:44 AM 06-18-2012
8:40 and I am up to 3!! LOL!! One called and said they wouldn't be her until about 9. 1 is out sick. Not sure where the other 2 are. The only one that irritates me is the one that is on soy milk. This is his last week here and he is only here for breakfast. I wasn't going to have enough soy milk to last the week and the only brand we are allowed to use on the food program only comes in 1/2 gallons. So I had to buy another 1/2 gallon (at almost $3!) to get me through the week and now he isn't here today. So I probably would have had enough without buying more.
DaisyMamma 09:06 AM 06-18-2012
I almost wonder if you get away with changing your opening time to 8:00?

I guess you will have to send home the leftover soy milk with dcm, that stinks!
Unregistered 03:18 PM 04-15-2013
I need help regarding summer hours. Last year i only had part time kids so my summer was great but this year i have all full time kids. I am wanting to have "summer hours". Im thinking of being open M-F 7:30-5:30 and Friday 7:30-4:00 or 4:30. Is that something that sounds reasonable?
Reply Up