Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well I Filled My Opening....
cheerfuldom 04:42 PM 07-22-2011
Just had an interview. This was the one I posted about that rescheduled 3 times. I was getting annoyed at the rescheduling but they did always communicate so I hung in there. Parents were super nice, great vibe. A few great things about the little one....

She was curious but not crazy energetic
I had to take away my cell phone and my remote control from her and each time she gave it up without fighting or tantrums
She watched my 10 week old in the bouncer without doing anything aggressive
They give the little one organic food only and do not allow TV at home
No crazy special requests

The parents did not have a problem with any of my policies and thanked me for having all my paperwork ready for them and so thorough (a thank you on our first meeting, its a miracle! ha ha). So I let them leave and go to change my little one's diaper and then a few minutes later they knock on the door. I thought they maybe forgot their keys or something and they say "can we come here? we want the spot before anyone else gets it". It was really cute and I guess they were outside in my front yard (in 100 degree weather) talking it over. I am excited about this one. Dad is an attorney and mom is a pharmacist, lived in their house for 3 years, little one was at daycare before but provider is moving AND they offered up her number for a reference on them. That has NEVER happened before! I wish i would have had numbers on previous providers for some kids.....
MamaBear 04:44 PM 07-22-2011
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Its such an awesome feeling when you find a great family! Good for you
SandeeAR 06:07 PM 07-22-2011
Congrats. Sounds like a good fit for you.
cheerfuldom 07:51 PM 07-22-2011
I hope so. I've been holding off looking for a great fit and being super picky this time. I even termed one family after a day and a half because I really just don't want to rock the boat on the great little group I have here.
Tags:spot filled
Reply Up