Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facetime With Parents
Unregistered 10:24 AM 03-20-2020
Staying logged out for privacy.

It was strongly urged by my state to encourage parents to keep their children home if they do not NEED care and if they do bring their children to limit the number of hours in care when possible. While this request causes them to not get full use of their contracted hours, it shouldn't be a huge problem. A lot of them already had random week days off for a variety of reasons (i.e. shift work, 4-12s) before the virus. Currently, some of my parents are still working as usual, some are now working from home, and one is not working at all (with pay). One guess which one had the biggest problem?

Anyways, next month's newsletter I would like to write up a positive swing to children now getting more face time with their parents. I'm keeping my hopes low but when we all return to normal, but I'm hoping a lesson in all this is parents will be encouraged to spend a little more time with their children when possible.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm struggling to put it into words without sounding passive aggressive or snarky.
Tags:bonding, parent - its a verb
Up