Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nose Pickers!!!!
lilcupcakes09 04:08 AM 04-11-2012
I am at my wits end with my 2 nose pickers!! One does it constantly-has been here for 35 minutes and I have had to remind him 10 times to get his fingers out of his nose! Gross!
Soupyszoo 05:16 AM 04-11-2012
Can you put something really smelly on their fingers? Like.... I dunno....garlic juice or something so when they pick their noses it stinks?? I don't know?!?! Lol I've seen other suggestions, have you tried everything?

Good luck
rhondawarren 05:51 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
I am at my wits end with my 2 nose pickers!! One does it constantly-has been here for 35 minutes and I have had to remind him 10 times to get his fingers out of his nose! Gross!
I had a brother and sister a few weeks ago that I had to let go because of that, their behavior, the late pick ups and early drop offs. They were at my house sometimes 10 hours a day and would pick their noses 95% of the time. I went through tons of handsoap because everytime I saw it I made them go wash their hands so believe me ......... they washed their hands ALL day long. I didnt want their bugars all over my stuff in my house it was just gross. They would not only pick it but try and eat it too. I was so grossed out by the time they left each day! I finally had to let them go.
sassysue 05:52 AM 04-11-2012
We wash hands EVERY time I see them do it.
It's very time consuming but only takes a day and then they usually get it.
Sure it's fun washing your hands but not 50 times a day!
I do this with hands in your mouth too.
Ah nose pickers-Fun!
MrsB 06:08 AM 04-11-2012
Mitted gloves work well!
renodeb 07:23 AM 04-11-2012
Arent kids fun. My niece (now 7) picked her nose for what seemed like forever. My sister started asking if she needed a kleenex to kind of bring her attention to it, finally after some time went by she stopped.
I currently have an almost 3 y/o boy. (bday is at end of this month!) who has just really started picking. Infact one day he caused him self to get a nose bleed. Just the other day he was putting french fries up there. (gross)
Mom juts told me yesterday that he got a piece of candy stuck up there and the dad was able to get it out. Im really hoping that he will get past this stage (I hope its a stage) soon! It is gross. I think its partly a way to get negative attention from whatever grownups are around to.
It can become a really bad habit, good luck. I wish I had some good advice.
Debbie
MarinaVanessa 07:36 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by sassysue:
We wash hands EVERY time I see them do it.
It's very time consuming but only takes a day and then they usually get it.
Sure it's fun washing your hands but not 50 times a day!
I do this with hands in your mouth too.
Ah nose pickers-Fun!
This is exactly what I do and after the first few days you should see an improvement. Another thing that might work (depending on the age of the child) is giving them each their set of a few "baby toys" that are easy to wash and explain that putting your fingers in your nose is just like putting a toy in your mouth and it gets germs on toys so they can only play with those toys until they can stop picking their noses.

Right now they get a payoff from picking their noses. You have to give them a reason to make ot not worth their while to pick for gold.
JJPlaycare 11:56 AM 04-11-2012
I have a funny story about nose picking 3 year old boy tells 4 year old girl who is picking her nose.... "Hey stop picking your nose so and so, only my mommy can do that!"
Reply Up