Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Refreshing
NiNi.R. 09:48 AM 05-06-2020
I have a yard with freshly blooming landscaping. It is a rule that kids need to ask permission before picking flowers. Otherwise, if I let all of them pick at free will, I'd never have any blooms. Plus, rose bushes, ouch!

On the way to the car yesterday, one of my 3 year olds picked a flower. I learned this today when he came back and returned said bloom with an apology and an offer to glue it back on to fix it.

Was it a huge deal that he picked the flower? No. It was from an iris bed along the drive way and I never would have noticed it missing. But that makes it all the more refreshing, that not only did his mom tell him he shouldn't, she held him accountable for doing so. So many lessons enforced to that child in that tiny action. It's why I love their family so much.

How about you? Witness any refreshing parenting lately?
Blackcat31 11:37 AM 05-06-2020
I wonder how he picked it though without mom seeing/stopping it?

I suppose it’s easier to apologize than stop your kid...

Can you tell I’ve become jaded?
NiNi.R. 06:44 PM 05-06-2020
I'd also go there BUT I know most days he stands next to his mom while she buckles in his little sister first.
Annalee 06:52 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I wonder how he picked it though without mom seeing/stopping it?

I suppose it’s easier to apologize than stop your kid...

Can you tell I’ve become jaded?
Exactly!!! Same here
Blackcat31 05:47 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
I'd also go there BUT I know most days he stands next to his mom while she buckles in his little sister first.
So you've got one of those rare parents that actually parents....

It's definitely refreshing!
Mcphee3 10:22 AM 05-07-2020
I would be so beyond ecstatic if I had parents even half as consistent and dedicated as that. One of the biggest reasons I'm jaded is because of the parents...
Tags:parent - its a verb
Reply Up