Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whaaaatt!!!
KristinsHomeCC 05:05 AM 07-08-2016
Friday morning, all my DCKs dropped off.

DCM texts me saying she forgot to mention she is off all next week and plans to keep DCB home with her. "Does he get a vacation week? Lol"

Payment is made today. Says in my contract it is due no matter attendace. In the past if DCPs gave me ample notice (months in advance) about vacation then I'd offer 50% payment option. This is the week before, on the last day of the week when payment is due for next.

DH says I should just text back "lol!" Like she was joking
Threw me for a loop this morning. So aggrivating.

Happy Friday!!!
DaveA 05:29 AM 07-08-2016
My contract states that a minimum 30 days notice has to be given for vacation weeks (DCFs get 2/ year) to be used. I would tell DCM that it is way too short of notice to apply vacation rate for next week.
Miss A 05:39 AM 07-08-2016
My contract states families get 1 consecutive week of unpaid vacation but must give 30 days notice to use it. After that, all vacation days are to be paid by parents.
Cat Herder 06:01 AM 07-08-2016
How did you respond?
KristinsHomeCC 06:06 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
How did you respond?
I'm not sure how to respond, honestly. I just went back over my contract before coming up with a response and my parents do get a consecutive week unpaid vacation but my dumb arse forgot to include how much notice I need.

Revising now, adding 30 day notice for all vacations is needed.

If I didn't state a notice, what should I do? Morally.. it seems like I should give it to them.
Blackcat31 06:25 AM 07-08-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
I'm not sure how to respond, honestly. I just went back over my contract before coming up with a response and my parents do get a consecutive week unpaid vacation but my dumb arse forgot to include how much notice I need.

Revising now, adding 30 day notice for all vacations is needed.

If I didn't state a notice, what should I do? Morally.. it seems like I should give it to them.

Give her the week and amend your contract.

Learning experience.

totally sucks but I think it's the right thing to do.
Cat Herder 07:07 AM 07-08-2016
I agree. If it is not clear in the contract the win has to go to the client. IMHO, of course. Expensive lesson.

On the positive side: At least it isn't happening in mid to late August. With a little maneuvering it should not effect the back to school budget too much.
AmyKidsCo 01:23 PM 07-08-2016
ITA. I tend to learn the hard way too.
MissAnn 07:25 AM 07-09-2016
I had a parent text me just yesterday.....said I didn't tell her about vacation weeks (as if I was trying to keep,it a secret although it's described in my policies). She said she has no idea how it works or
when to use them. I had the pleasure to text back......you used your vacation week in January. LOL.
Reply Up