Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My first enrollment.. finally
Mister Sir Husband 04:38 PM 08-18-2014
So after being registered for about a 8 months now, I finally have a child starting tomorrow. I know the mom already, and the 4 year old girl was being watched by a relative, but they cant do it anymore. Mom is in a different county (but only about a 20 min drive from her work) and wanted to keep her daughter there so she could start preschool, but she needs care from 10am til around 7, and all the providers in her area wanted too much cash to work that late. I have no problem with just my regular rate for this as the child is well behaved and the same age (roughly) as my own daughter... plus mom is a friend already.. so I'm good. Mom is also expecting this fall and I will be getting the baby at some point thereafter.

Who knows... school starting soon.. maybe a couple more enrollments and I can start to actually make a few bucks.
Kabob 04:52 PM 08-18-2014
Congrats! It seemed way easier for me once I enrolled my first family.
Blackcat31 05:13 PM 08-18-2014
Congratulations!!

All it takes is one to start the ball rolling!!
midaycare 05:17 PM 08-18-2014
Whoo hoo! Way to go! It does get easier once you get the first family.
e.j. 05:21 PM 08-18-2014
That's great! Hopefully, your one family will tell someone how great you are and the word will keep spreading until you're full and have a waiting list.
Mister Sir Husband 05:23 PM 08-18-2014
This one actually should be easy. I know the girl, she's been here before, and has a great time when she is. And after reading all the horror stories on this forum for over a year now, this seems like a real good way to ease into having kids..
Laurel 05:53 PM 08-18-2014
Congratulations!

I'm sure it will be nice for your daughter to have a playmate as well.

Laurel
Sugar Magnolia 06:16 PM 08-18-2014
Awesome awesome awesome and TOTALLY AWESOME

MyAngels 06:36 PM 08-18-2014
That's terrific! Congratulations
melilley 06:42 PM 08-18-2014
Yay, that's great!
Luvnmykidz 06:44 PM 08-18-2014
Congratulations!!! After having one enrolled more will surely follow and very quickly. Good luck
Unregistered 07:09 PM 08-18-2014
Yay! Congrats!!!
Little Buttons 07:11 PM 08-18-2014
That's awesome! Congats!
daniellesweety1 07:12 PM 08-18-2014
Congrats
lynne 07:16 PM 08-18-2014
Hurray for you!! yup, all it takes is a couple of kids and the parents start telling their friends and before you know it your'e full everyday! This spring and early summer I though I would have to shut down, but word started to get around and I'm doing great now!
KidGrind 02:13 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
So after being registered for about a 8 months now, I finally have a child starting tomorrow. I know the mom already, and the 4 year old girl was being watched by a relative, but they cant do it anymore. Mom is in a different county (but only about a 20 min drive from her work) and wanted to keep her daughter there so she could start preschool, but she needs care from 10am til around 7, and all the providers in her area wanted too much cash to work that late. I have no problem with just my regular rate for this as the child is well behaved and the same age (roughly) as my own daughter... plus mom is a friend already.. so I'm good. Mom is also expecting this fall and I will be getting the baby at some point thereafter.

Who knows... school starting soon.. maybe a couple more enrollments and I can start to actually make a few bucks.
1 deep…. 2 deep …. then full house.

I stole my mantra from from Field of Dreams, “They will come.”

Congratulations on your 1st enrollment!
Controlled Chaos 09:17 AM 08-19-2014
Congratulations
daycarediva 10:45 AM 08-19-2014
CONGRATULATIONS!

Also- even if it is a friend- stick to your contract and handbook.
Heidi 10:58 AM 08-19-2014
Congrats!

Hey, what kind of area do you live in? Is it more conservative or liberal?

I ask because I have a friend in Madison who is a man and does daycare. He has NO problem filling his program. But, Madison is a very liberal community.

If you want, I could put you in touch with him and maybe he could give you some advice. He's really cool.
Mister Sir Husband 11:38 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Congrats!

Hey, what kind of area do you live in? Is it more conservative or liberal?

I ask because I have a friend in Madison who is a man and does daycare. He has NO problem filling his program. But, Madison is a very liberal community.

If you want, I could put you in touch with him and maybe he could give you some advice. He's really cool.
I used to be closer to Madison quite a few years ago when I lived in sherburne.. but now I'm in Apalachin. It's about 90 min away. I haven't actually had anyone yet who didn't choose me because I'm a male provider (although my licensor told me it will happen). I just haven't gotten many calls yet.
Mister Sir Husband 11:42 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Also- even if it is a friend- stick to your contract and handbook.
I did give her a slight discount, but that's between me and her.. none of my future families will need to know. The rest of my rules and regulations are equal for everyone..
Second Home 11:45 AM 08-19-2014

Rockgirl 12:18 PM 08-19-2014
Congrats!
DaveA 03:56 AM 08-20-2014
Cool! it all starts now. The first enrollment tends to spawn others.
Reply Up