Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time To Change The Artwork Out?
Josiegirl 02:10 AM 01-05-2018
I guess I need to take down the Christmas trees from my walls and have the dcks do something else. We've been doing lots of other things during our days this week and just haven't gotten back into our routine of painting/gluing, etc.

What art work do you have hanging on your walls? We'll be making snowmen; that's a given.
Cat Herder 05:33 AM 01-05-2018
I prefer to send home all artwork weekly but QRIS requires we have a certain number (per child, per medium, per technique) up at all times. I hate the cluttered look of my playroom, now. I can't dust effectively and allergies are through the roof.

I minimize the visual assault by putting up the required projects that correspond to our seasonal themes and sending home the rest weekly (I photograph all art for their digital portfolio for my "proof" and parents as tribute ). Winter is the flavor du jour.

Last week was winter clothing and fire/frostbite/dehydration safety. This week we are doing winter/hibernating friends. Fox, bunnies, bears, etc. Dens, nests, and tunnels. Food/water sources. Respect for their need to forage for survival.
Ariana 09:40 AM 01-05-2018
I have a corkboard where art is displayed for a week or two and then sent home. It is always revolving. I also have framed artwork from my own kids that they did in daycare up on my walls and canvas artwork that I got my very first daycare kids to do for me to brighten up the walls!

My next art project is dream catchers made from paper plates! I follow an emergent curriculum and the kids have been asking about dream catchers of all things. We did snowmen, Christmas tree puzzles and large sparkly ornaments in December but it all went home. My corkboard is empty except for some drawings that my own kids did and some coloring pages that were “boredom” busters.
flying_babyb 04:33 PM 01-05-2018
Once a week I tidy art. Ok thats a lie, when we make somthing new and theres no wall space left I send art home. Currently we have 3 new years projects up on one wall, 2 on the other, and some random snowflakes and our fork print fireworks (which are my favorites, even though they have not alot to do with our theme, but my coworker make fork bears, and it inspired me!)
Sunchimes 07:22 PM 01-05-2018
I can not convince the kids to leave the days project. I hang it, but at pickup, they demand it. I don't worry about it, but I'm not required to anyway. If I kept art, I would have a rebellion!
storybookending 09:48 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I can not convince the kids to leave the days project. I hang it, but at pickup, they demand it. I don't worry about it, but I'm not required to anyway. If I kept art, I would have a rebellion!
Same here. Yesterday we just did simple coloring. No theme or anything I just gave them plain paper and crayons and said have at er. Today at pickup dcg3 went in her moms pocket to pull out chapstick and all holy hell broke loose when she pulled out yesterday’s scribbles all folded up. Girl was TICKED mom had the nerve to fold up her art. I cannot imagine asking them to leave it here. I also don’t like the clutter and once the kids are gone don’t want to feel like I live in a daycare so I don’t display anything.
Josiegirl 02:33 AM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Once a week I tidy art. Ok thats a lie, when we make somthing new and theres no wall space left I send art home. Currently we have 3 new years projects up on one wall, 2 on the other, and some random snowflakes and our fork print fireworks (which are my favorites, even though they have not alot to do with our theme, but my coworker make fork bears, and it inspired me!)
Fork bears? That sounds cute, can you show a pic.? I've done the fork fireworks and dandelions before but never have I seen fork bears.
flying_babyb 11:48 AM 01-06-2018
Not one of the kids since it's the weekend but
flying_babyb 11:49 AM 01-06-2018
Ok not good with photos. Google fork print bears lol.
Josiegirl 03:04 PM 01-06-2018
I did and they'll be one of our next projects, sooo cute!
Looks like fork print polar bears and snowmen for our art this next week.
Thanks!!
Mike 03:14 PM 01-06-2018
That is cute.

Just imagine daycare without the Internet. Or this forum. I know if I do go into it, I'm a lot more prepared now than I was a few years ago.
flying_babyb 10:37 PM 01-06-2018
ditto! Ill admit that I look up "extra" art on my break. My spoiled kids are now demanding art twice a day cause its too cold to do anything else.
Reply Up