Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad In My Area
cherryhill 01:00 PM 11-13-2011
I live in South Orange County. Most providers make $200-$225 a week for these hours. I guess it doesn't hurt to put this ad up.
this is about $12.00 a day

Single Mother looking for fulltime childcare for my 4 year old daugter. Hours are from 7:15am - 4:45pm (M-F) either in my home or your home. Meals & beverages will be provided by me. I'm not interested in having someone watch my daughter & teach her pre-school curriculum...I'm interested in having someone that can provide a safe & loving childcare service for me.

Since I am a single Mother, I can only afford to pay $250 a month. If you're interested in making a career out of babysitting, then please don't reply. But...If you're interested in making extra money & can provide quality care for my daughter, please don't hesitate to contact me at 703-******x

Look forward to anyone who can assist a single Mother with quality childcare.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Blackcat31 01:14 PM 11-13-2011
She said 'single mother' 3 times.....
nannyde 01:29 PM 11-13-2011
The single mother thing is now "entitled mother". She's offering 1.22 an hour.

The care of the kids doesn't have anything to do with whether or not their parents are single or married. It doesn't have anything to do with the job of child care.

My son is eleven and I have done child care his entire life. I haven't received a penny from clients because I'm a single parent. I've never had a client offer to pay me more money because I'm a single parent. In eleven years it hasn't come up once.

We need to start sending the message that being a single parent doesn't have anything to do with the cost child care just like it doesn't have anything to do with the cost of Hunts spaghetti sauce at Walmart.

It's just a politically correct way to say I'm entitled to special.
Meyou 03:54 AM 11-14-2011
When I was a young single mother I much appreciated the daycare subsidy I was allowed to used for 4 years. It allowed me to finish university, hold a job and start a good life for myself and my daughter. However, as much as I'd like to attribute it to "single motherhood" in reality it was based on income and I was just that poor and pathetic. The lady who gave me the subsidy was phone call number 50 or so on my search to find a DC spot for my baby so I could go return to university on time. She took pity on me and bumped me to the top of the list. She said anyone that could cry in frustration on the phone with a stranger because they wanted to go back to school that bad deserved a chance. I am forever grateful to that lovely lady. She's neighbors with someone I know so we drop off a holiday card every year for her. I like to think I was the exception to the young single mother stereotype.

I've done childcare favors for 2 single mothers and I've been bitten both times, both financially and emotionally. I felt that giving them a chance to make their lives better was a good thing but it's only a good thing with good people who WANT to help themselves. I no longer make any exceptions and I don't do single mama favors anymore.
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up