Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Booster seats and Chrysler Town & Country
mommiebookworm 09:36 AM 07-30-2015
With school starting soon, I will need to fit 3 booster seats in my backseat. Does anyone else have a Chrysler T&C van, and have 3 boosters? If so, what brand are they?
nothingwithoutjoy 10:40 AM 07-30-2015
I don't have a van, but I do squish three boosters into the back seat of my car. Works just fine--but it is very hard to buckle the seat belts as they get buried behind the car seats. Mine are Britax.
Play Care 11:09 AM 07-30-2015
I've been told, though I've never done it, that if you take the car to Babies R Us they will let you try to put car seats in your vehicle to see if they fit. Not sure about boosters but it may be worth a call to them (even if you buy them elsewhere)
DaveA 11:52 AM 07-30-2015
I have a Town & Country- I get 3 seats in the back. They're all different brands (parents supply a carseat). As long as you avoid the ones with hard cup holders built in or some of the really wide ones you should be ok. Easiest way to do it for me is to buckle the seats on the sides, make the middle (lap) belt as loose as possible, thread it through the seat before shoving it in place. Buckle it in and tighten up in the gap between the carseat bases.
mommiebookworm 01:09 PM 07-30-2015
Thanks guys!
Baby Beluga 01:33 PM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I've been told, though I've never done it, that if you take the car to Babies R Us they will let you try to put car seats in your vehicle to see if they fit. Not sure about boosters but it may be worth a call to them (even if you buy them elsewhere)
This is true - even if you don't purchase the car seat/booster at BRU. I have done it many, many, many times.
SunnyDay 05:44 AM 07-31-2015
The outside seatbelts in the back row of the Chrysler T&C are known for poor shoulder belt fit, FYI. You will want to use High Back Boosters in those seats (as opposed to Backless Boosters). Does your middle seat in the back have a lap and shoulder belt? If there is only a lap belt you will need to use a harnessed carseat. For more information and seat recommendations I recommend joining the Facebook group Car Seats for the Littles. There are knowledgeable techs & advocates there who can help you with seat choices.
mommiebookworm 07:15 AM 07-31-2015
Originally Posted by SunnyDay:
The outside seatbelts in the back row of the Chrysler T&C are known for poor shoulder belt fit, FYI. You will want to use High Back Boosters in those seats (as opposed to Backless Boosters). Does your middle seat in the back have a lap and shoulder belt? If there is only a lap belt you will need to use a harnessed carseat. For more information and seat recommendations I recommend joining the Facebook group Car Seats for the Littles. There are knowledgeable techs & advocates there who can help you with seat choices.
Thanks! I was looking at a harnessed seat for the middle because it has only the lap belt.
SunnyDay 11:29 AM 07-31-2015
The Harmony Defender is the slimmest forward facing harnessed seat, it sounds like that would be a good option for you in the middle.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 08-05-2015
Agreed, the Harmony Defender is a great option. It's very narrow. We have 3 seats across in our T&C. Are the kids small enough to be harnessed? My 8.5 year old is still usually in the Defender. We tried to use a HBB the other day, and she wasn't able to get it buckled, due to the tight fit of the three seats.
MommyMuffin 05:07 AM 08-06-2015
I use a regular forward facing harness seat. And on each side I put harmony booster seats, $12 at Walmart. They are 1.5 inches smaller in width than others I've tried
Reply Up