Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Weekly Rate
lily_v05 03:54 PM 01-08-2020
Hi,

I need help writing a letter to parents notifying them that whether their child attends the whole week or one day they will be responsible to pay for the whole week. Unless they have a doctors excuse. We are having issues with kids being absent.
Michael 12:26 AM 01-09-2020
Welcome to the forum. Here are some threads on Weekly Rates: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=weekly+rates
Cat Herder 05:47 AM 01-09-2020
My policy states "Full-time rate is $150.00 per week due by Monday drop-off, in advance for the week. This full-time rate is due whether your child attends or not as you are securing your child’s slot. Center closure will be posted at least 30 days in advance with discounted tuition posted when applicable. Non-payment is subject to loss of slot until another placement becomes available. The waiting list is available but often takes several years for a slot to open up. I do not provide part-time childcare. Please initial here: X_______ "

I don't give discounts for their doctor's appointments, because I do give them for my own. Two-way street.

Each section is brief, simple and requires initials. My contract is short, my handbook gives fuller explanations and FAQ's. I have been working on getting rid of loopholes since the early 90's.
dolores 06:05 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have been working on getting rid of loopholes since the early 90's.
LOL!...me too. Everytime an issue comes up with a family that negatively affects the business, especially around finances, I update my contract AND handbook.
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 01-09-2020
My handbook says

"Rates are based on enrollment. Credits are not provided based on attendance, time used or closures."

So all my families pay the same weekly rate 52 weeks a year.
Cat Herder 06:16 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
LOL!...me too. Everytime an issue comes up with a family that negatively affects the business, especially around finances, I update my contract AND handbook.
It is relentless isn't it?? I am glad to hear I am not alone.
Cat Herder 06:21 AM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My handbook says

"Rates are based on enrollment. Credits are not provided based on attendance, time used or closures."

So all my families pay the same weekly rate 52 weeks a year.
Still jealous of you.

The big centers here (3 now ) all still give sibling discounts, 2 weeks unpaid family vacation, and take subsidy. 4 illegal providers that the state has been aware of for over 10 years all offer pay to play, drop-in.
lily_v05 08:24 AM 01-09-2020
Thank-you
Tags:contract - clear, contract - rates, payment - automatic transfer, slots, weekly rates
Reply Up