Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Craft Ideas
spud912 06:29 AM 11-22-2013
Sooo, I know this is posted every year , but I thought I would see if there are any new ideas for Christmas Craft Ideas. Last year, my dck's did the snowmen hand print ornaments and a plaster of paris hand mold, but I want to do something different this year. I can post pictures too! Anyone else?
MsLaura529 06:39 AM 11-22-2013
It's our first Christmas as a daycare ... my old daycare that I used to work at did handprint tiles every year - a green handprint as a tree and then she would put polka dots on it for the ornaments and a star on top, write their name on the bottom, with the year and spray it with ... something. I forget what it was. I am thinking we will do that, and I will also do an ornament of some kind that a picture of their face can go in, but I'm kind of stuck on how to go about doing that.
thetoddlerwhisper 09:44 AM 11-22-2013
https://www.daycare.com/forum/attach...1&d=1385142239 we found this the other day and are using it for young toddlers and infants
Attached: tree.jpg (6.3 KB) 
butterfly 11:07 AM 11-22-2013
I'm curious to see the responses on this too. Last year we did the thumb print reindeer ornaments. I'd like to do some sort of ornament each year with the kids, but I don't want it to be too labor intensive on my end.
spud912 01:41 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/attach...1&d=1385142239 we found this the other day and are using it for young toddlers and infants
Ohh, I do remember seeing that last year and loved it! Thanks for reminding me!!
spud912 01:43 PM 11-22-2013
We did these last year:

Lorri 03:54 PM 11-22-2013
I always take pictures of the kids, I have nice dress clothes. I am deco poudging them to ceramic tiles, then spraying it with acrylic sealer putting cork on the back.and it will be a usable coaster. Also got clear ornament take the top off pour some craft glue have the kids swirl it around then add glitter to it.
Josiegirl 04:03 PM 11-22-2013
MsLaura, are you going to use ceramic tiles and where can you find them...Home Depot? Michael's? I like that idea.
We did the snowmen ornaments last year and they came out cute.
Athacker, thanks for posting that too. Seen it before but had forgotten and they're pretty cute.
Lorri 04:06 PM 11-22-2013
I found them at habit for humanity cheaper there but brand new. But can get them at Home Depot
melilley 11:03 AM 11-23-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I will also do an ornament of some kind that a picture of their face can go in, but I'm kind of stuck on how to go about doing that.
You can either buy premade ornaments that you stick a photo in or if you want to do your own, take their pic and cover it with contact paper and they can make something to go around it, like a wreath made out their hands and put their pic in the middle and tie a string so you can hang it. Or have them make a snowman and put their face for the face or belly. Just cut out the shapes and let them make their own snowman and then put the face where you can-we all know that for the younger ones a snowman might not look like a snowman...lol
kindertouch 06:22 AM 11-24-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
Cool! Will try this one of these day. My daughter will surely love this too!
MsLaura529 07:34 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
You can either buy premade ornaments that you stick a photo in or if you want to do your own, take their pic and cover it with contact paper and they can make something to go around it, like a wreath made out their hands and put their pic in the middle and tie a string so you can hang it. Or have them make a snowman and put their face for the face or belly. Just cut out the shapes and let them make their own snowman and then put the face where you can-we all know that for the younger ones a snowman might not look like a snowman...lol
Thank you! The contact paper idea is great!

And yes, I will be buying small white ceramic tiles ... I am thinking Home Depot will be the easiest place to purchase.
Tags:christmas crafts
Reply Up