Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh My!
jenboo 04:03 PM 01-06-2014
DCG is eating graham crackers and said "a gram is something you smoke."
uhhh....i didn't even know how to respond!
melilley 04:05 PM 01-06-2014
Uhhhhh...
MsLaura529 04:06 PM 01-06-2014
Maybe they've been watching Breaking Bad at home?? Yikes!
jenboo 04:08 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Maybe they've been watching Breaking Bad at home?? Yikes!
thats a possibility. DCG has quoted Family Guy to me in the past
melilley 04:09 PM 01-06-2014
Today I was changing my ds's diaper and my 2 yo dcb was by standing by us. Dcb looks over and says "He has balls. B has balls in his diaper!" and he was as serious as ever!
MotherNature 04:09 PM 01-06-2014
I'd confront the parents at p/u. If they act all shady, something's going on. Hopefully the kid heard it on tv...not ideal, but better than the parents getting high around the kids.
Scout 04:26 PM 01-06-2014
How scary and funny at the same time! Please let us know what they say.
Blackcat31 04:45 PM 01-06-2014
Personally, I wouldn't say anything to the parents.

I'd document the incident and unless you have suspicions of abuse/neglect just keep it in his file.

I wouldn't mention it to parents because I doubt they are going to be honest if it was from the child witnessing drug use and if they don't care if he watches Family Guy or any other TV he could have learned it from, I doubt you are going to sway them to stop allowing him to do so.

In situations like this, I just record and document. Who knows, it could be nothing but it could be a small piece of a bigger scenario so by documenting you are just painting a picture....

Document it and wait it out.

Only you know if this family is doing drugs or exposing their child to it.

Or if it's just something he picked up from the TV.
Starburst 04:52 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I'd confront the parents at p/u. If they act all shady, something's going on. Hopefully the kid heard it on tv...not ideal, but better than the parents getting high around the kids.
In that scenario, I think it's more likely that they watched a show that used that term it but it didn't not explain what it was (especially in a show made for adults) and the child asked the parents what the word means, most likely what the child said was the parent's response.
Reply Up