Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screaming toddler
MsLaura529 06:32 AM 06-16-2014
Hi guys! It's been a while since I have posted anything ...

So I have this DCG who is 1.5 years. She has been with me since she was 9 months old, but she is only a morning drop in, once or twice a week (DCM works night shifts). Since she started she has refused to nap here, which was ok. She was always great, just going with the flow, never a problem. Now, for the past 3 times she's been here, she has screeeeeamed at drop off (waking up my kids too early), and spent an hour mid-way through the morning just walking around crying (whether we were outside, or inside or she was being held or not). I try to lay her down and it makes it worse. This morning, she started crying through breakfast (normally a good time for her), so I got her down, and she just walked around crying. So I put her in the pack n play, and she is now on a total of 35 minutes of crying and screaming. I don't know what else to do with her and I'm worried this is how the summer is going to go (of course after I told her mom I now have more morning available for her for the summer). Parents are SO awesome. I know drop in part time like this is not ideal at all, but considering she's only here for one or two mornings a week, a total of maybe 9 hours a week, it was working out pretty well. Now, I'm not so sure.

I don't know if there really is a question with this, I'm just venting, and maybe looking for any ideas?
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 06-16-2014
How often does she attend?

She might just be having issues now with this since she is older and much more able to understand that she is being dropped off and mom isn't there...

Usually when they are littler, they still go with the whole "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. Perhaps she is now beyond this stage..

What does the parent say? Has there been any changes at home or new kids in care that she doesn't click with maybe.

Is there anything that DOES make her stop crying?

Usually changes are normal, but this seems kind of extreme if she has been attending regularly (she should know the environment and kids etc already) and if she was so laid back before.
Reply Up