Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Accept an infant?!
LindseyA 03:26 PM 09-27-2015
I haven't watched an infant in 2 years. I've had my daycare for 8 years and 2 years ago I swore to myself that I won't accept any more infants, not because of anything bad - just all the liability and paperwork and diapers etc. Well I had an interview with a couple due this winter, and I admired their drive to be prepared (looking to start daycare in January). My husband said I shouldn't have even interviewed, but I did. I figured if I decide not to accept them, I can tell them that I gave the spot to someone who can start immediately. I told them I have two more interviews this week, and will let them know what I decide at the end of the week. Half of me wants the baby (little bit of baby fever!) and the other half is saying don't do it!' The post about the infant passing away at daycare recently is stuck in my brain. They want fulltime, which we could use the income but at the same time, it wont be until January. Ugh. At least I have a week to decide!
littletots 07:06 PM 09-27-2015
I could have written this thread 3wks ago. I decided to go with a 16m immediately vs holding the infant slot for Jan. So glad I did. In my program infant means daily infant sheet, bottles, naps (I would never have a break), complete line of sight, all that extra baby gear. USDA I must have them sign parent preference form which they have option to have me provide formula & baby food. More USDA paperwork. They always pick I supply which honestly cuts into my budget. Rate is same for all under 3yrs so I'm working less, earning more for dck over 12m.
Reply Up