Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Wash Kids After Meals?
Unregistered 01:49 AM 11-02-2018
Wondering how you guys clean up your kids after meals. Now, I let one at a time Get down to go to the bathroom and wash hands. However, all of the food that missed their mouths ends up all over the floor when I let them get down. So, I end up cleaning them up with a washcloth before I let them down and then sending them to the bathroom to wash their hands which gets water all over the floor be they play in the water.
Unregistered 04:31 AM 11-02-2018
My kids each have a large washcloth. I go around the table and wash each of them, then let them go when they’re clean.
Gemma 04:33 AM 11-02-2018
I take one at a time to the bathroom, wash them with soap and water and dry them with paper towel
Indoorvoice 05:05 AM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wondering how you guys clean up your kids after meals. Now, I let one at a time Get down to go to the bathroom and wash hands. However, all of the food that missed their mouths ends up all over the floor when I let them get down. So, I end up cleaning them up with a washcloth before I let them down and then sending them to the bathroom to wash their hands which gets water all over the floor be they play in the water.
I wash face and mouths with damp paper towels at the table to get the crumbs and gunk off. Then we all line up at the bathroom together so I can supervise actual handwashing.
Rockgirl 05:59 AM 11-02-2018
Everyone gets a wet cloth when they finish eating. They clean themselves, then I help the ones who didn’t get quite clean.
Ariana 06:32 AM 11-02-2018
Individual wet soapy cloths for every meal that goes in a bin once they’re done.
Blackcat31 06:35 AM 11-02-2018
The kids bring their plates and cups to the counter when they are finished eating. Each one is supplied with a disposable wet wipe/cloth. I help those that need assistance.

Then they use the rest room before rest time. Washing with soap and water, again with assistance if required.

So essentially it's a two step process as the pre-wipe with the disposable wet wipe is meant to help them begin the process of self-help and independence. Washing in the bathroom afterwards is the main method of washing hands and faces.
storybookending 06:45 AM 11-02-2018
I buy mini washcloths from the dollar tree. They come in a 4 pack for $1. They are perfect sizes for hands and faces. We are not allowed to reuse so straight down the laundry shoot they go once used. I am unsure if a soapy water bin like Ariana uses would work here. It would sure cut down on laundry which isn’t the issue because they are so small it’s the folding part that is annoying! After they leave the table they might have a little play time but this is also when potty/diapering before nap happens so they also get an actual hand washing shortly after if not immediately depending on the time.
lovemykidstoo 07:47 AM 11-02-2018
I wipe down with diaper wipes. I keep a package right on the table and follow up with diapering, bathroom and soap and water
jenboo 08:58 AM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Everyone gets a wet cloth when they finish eating. They clean themselves, then I help the ones who didn’t get quite clean.
Same. We have a ton of washcloths. We get one wet per child for each meal to clean them up.
Tags:washing - after meals, washing hands
Reply Up