Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Day 1
Unregistered 10:55 AM 09-06-2016
I know it's only day 1 but I have a new dcb (4mos) that does not sleep. DCP said he normally sleeps from 1hr-1.5. The longest he has slept today is 30min. I haven't gotten a thing done with the other kids because he just wants to be held. I have in my contract that the first 2wks are a trial, but I'm wondering if I am just overreacting? How would you handle this?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:59 AM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I know it's only day 1 but I have a new dcb (4mos) that does not sleep. DCP said he normally sleeps from 1hr-1.5. The longest he has slept today is 30min. I haven't gotten a thing done with the other kids because he just wants to be held. I have in my contract that the first 2wks are a trial, but I'm wondering if I am just overreacting? How would you handle this?
I personally think day 1 is too quick to judge an infant. I have had ones that I have thought would be high needs and they have settled in to wonderful babies. They really do need an adjustment period.
Second Home 12:07 PM 09-06-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

I have this exact same situation, I'm on week 3 with no improvement
Unregistered 12:43 PM 09-06-2016
Have you ever stayed in a new place and not slept well? It's the same thing here most likely. Give him time. It's day one
Unregistered 12:58 PM 09-06-2016
I'm going through the same thing good luck
Unregistered 06:17 PM 09-06-2016
Most of my kiddos take 2 weeks to understand the routine, and 2 months to really become a part of the group. Babies change weekly at this point - but the reward is so good - you have a client for a long time.
Reply Up