Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Call, No Show
krystamichelle 09:46 AM 04-19-2011
It's only my second day with my two new DCG's and I already have a no call no show from them. I'm really disappointed because the girls were very well behaved and sooooo easy. They were my first new clients after my last two DCK's, whose mother failed to provide a two week notice and ditched out on the last week's pay. I went about a month with no DCK's in my home and will be seriously disappointed if they don't come back or if I have to let them go. Should I give the DCM a warning about the no call, no show, or just let it slide this time?
Meeko 04:43 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by krystamichelle:
It's only my second day with my two new DCG's and I already have a no call no show from them. I'm really disappointed because the girls were very well behaved and sooooo easy. They were my first new clients after my last two DCK's, whose mother failed to provide a two week notice and ditched out on the last week's pay. I went about a month with no DCK's in my home and will be seriously disappointed if they don't come back or if I have to let them go. Should I give the DCM a warning about the no call, no show, or just let it slide this time?
It's important to not things slide. That would set the stage for more sliding! Cheerfully remind them of your policy and let them know how important it is to you to know. As they are new, they may just not be in the swing of it yet (let's TRY and give them the benefit of the doubt for now!!)
daycare 04:50 PM 04-19-2011
When were they supposed to be at your house? what time?

i would have called 30 mins after they were supposed to be there and aksed if everything was ok. If they asked why, then i would remind them that they were supposed to be there today, or at least you thought so. Wait for the mom to respond and then say that maybe it would be a good idea to go over the contracted hours and days again so that there is no misunderstanding. Let her know that you were really worried that maybe something happened to them. I do this and make sure that I go overboard on the worry to the point that I make them feel bad...lol I am so mean....jk
missnikki 04:56 PM 04-19-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
When were they supposed to be at your house? what time?

i would have called 30 mins after they were supposed to be there and aksed if everything was ok. If they asked why, then i would remind them that they were supposed to be there today, or at least you thought so. Wait for the mom to respond and then say that maybe it would be a good idea to go over the contracted hours and days again so that there is no misunderstanding. Let her know that you were really worried that maybe something happened to them. I do this and make sure that I go overboard on the worry to the point that I make them feel bad...lol I am so mean....jk
No, that's not mean...that's reasonable. I do the same thing, but I also throw in that someone else is asking to use the spot and I'm needing to know if they are planning to use it.
Reply Up