Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>C'mon...Really? What ELSE Will Go Wrong Today?
SilverSabre25 01:36 PM 05-12-2011
I posted in the venting thread that our tub is clogged and our hot water wasn't working this morning...

well add to that the fact that the A/C isn't shutting off properly (it's just running, and running, and running...) and when I finally went down to actually check on the hot water tank's pilot light a little while ago I find that it's dripping.

Dripping kind of a lot.

Roto Rooter will be here soon to look at it...I'm am NOT trying to light the pilot on a thing that might be all kaput on me. But really...can we please get through today without anything else breaking?

I have a very strong suspicion that we're in the market for a new hot water tank. And in the meantime...I should probably call DH and have him stop at the store to stock up on (environment-killing) paper plates, utensils, and cups...
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 05-12-2011
I am just plain old jealous that wherever you are it is warm enough to use an air conditioner.

My furnace is running right now.
MarinaVanessa 02:11 PM 05-12-2011
Didn't you ever hear of the saying that goes "trouble sires 3 children"? Another variation is "trouble always comes in three's" you should be good to go now lol. Last year our water heater, dryer and fridge went out within the same 2 week span. Just breath and take it slow. Tomorrow can't possibly be worse right ?!
SilverSabre25 02:18 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am just plain old jealous that wherever you are it is warm enough to use an air conditioner.

Ohio. We had the furnace on not too long ago...I would have stuck it out normally until at LEAST June or temps in the 90's, but I'm 37 weeks pregnant and SO not in the mood to deal with being hot, lol.

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Didn't you ever hear of the saying that goes "trouble sires 3 children"? Another variation is "trouble always comes in three's" you should be good to go now lol. Last year our water heater, dryer and fridge went out within the same 2 week span. Just breath and take it slow. Tomorrow can't possibly be worse right ?!
Yes, I have heard that and keep repeating it to myself, lol. I still feel like Murphy might be hanging around though!
missnikki 02:30 PM 05-12-2011
Get it all out of the way now, so when you have your little one and are needing sleep, you can rest easy and take a nice, hot bath.
SilverSabre25 02:42 PM 05-12-2011
Ugh, yeah, hot water tank is completely shot. *sigh* today just cost lotsa $$.

On the bright side...I hear that replacing ancient hot water tanks makes your energy bill go down...

Miss Nikki, I WISH I could take a bath! But unfortunately, the old owners had a handicapped-accessible tub, so it's not functional for a grown-up bath.
dEHmom 02:52 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

i cranked up my heat this morning. it was no longer just cool bearable in here the last 3 windy/rainy friggin days. this morning i turned on the heat, and this afternoon i turned it up even higher!

gosh darnit, akldajflkjasdklf;joaijtfioqwfslfjkajkld
missnikki 02:54 PM 05-12-2011
nice hot shower??? (in a sheepish voice)
dEHmom 02:54 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

On the bright side...I hear that replacing ancient hot water tanks makes your energy bill go down...

Miss Nikki, I WISH I could take a bath! But unfortunately, the old owners had a handicapped-accessible tub, so it's not functional for a grown-up bath.
when we refinished the bathroom, we installed a smaller tub than we had in there because of the kids. it also helps save water because you don't fill it so full to get a full tub, duh! lol.
honestly, i expected the bath tubs to be pretty expensive, and they were not. they were cheaper than the toilet!!!!!
Blackcat31 02:57 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

Plus if you replace the hot water heater, you can deduct it on next years taxes. Where I live if we buy an energy star appliance (hot water heaters included) we get a rebate from our utility company....

Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i cranked up my heat this morning. it was no longer just cool bearable in here the last 3 windy/rainy friggin days. this morning i turned on the heat, and this afternoon i turned it up even higher!

I know!!! I am tired of high heat bills when there is no snow on the ground any more. This same time last year I think I was sunburned.
SilverSabre25 03:01 PM 05-12-2011
Ooo, Blackcat I hadn't thought about the tax deduction...good point. See, bright sides! Sorry about your cold weather...I would totally trade you right now, lol.
MN Mom 03:29 PM 05-12-2011
Oy Vay! I feel for you!

Last week : Our water softener (only 6 months old) quit working, our water heater quit working and our less than 1 year old super-expensive over the stove microwave went kaput.

We have 1/3 fixed, and the softener will *crosses fingers* be fixed this weekend. The microwave...not sure. It's under warranty but the appliance people (A & E Factory) ordered the wrong magnetron so I have to send the part back and get a new one =(

Totally sucks...but yes the old saying about it happening in 3's is totally true!

Look on the bright side...it could be worse?? At least that is what I keep telling myself . . .
MarinaVanessa 03:55 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Sorry but for whatever reason this made me laugh lol
Tags:bad day, everything going wrong, overwhelmed, vent
Reply Up