Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Renewal visit and FREAKING OUT
Unregistered 11:33 AM 11-28-2011
I have my renewal visit tomorrow for my license in MA. As I was just reviewing the 9,000 pieces of paperwork that need to be complete, I realized that a few of my children's records are incomplete. What are the consequences for that? I run an excellent program, and everything else is complete and organized. I am a tad frustrated... thanks for any help!
MissAnn 11:46 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have my renewal visit tomorrow for my license in MA. As I was just reviewing the 9,000 pieces of paperwork that need to be complete, I realized that a few of my children's records are incomplete. What are the consequences for that? I run an excellent program, and everything else is complete and organized. I am a tad frustrated... thanks for any help!
Last year I was missing something and she just told me to have her do it. NO big deal here anyway
small_steps 12:00 PM 11-28-2011
In Texas we will get written up and it goes on our record. She usually gives us a couple weeks to have it completed but it still stays on our record
Is it something you can have the parents fix before they drop off tomorrow? Let them know your licensor may check it tomorrow.
e.j. 12:08 PM 11-28-2011
Shouldn't be a big deal. During the visit, your licensor will probably point out the missing info to you. (You might want to point it out first and let her know what steps you're taking to correct the problem.) After the visit, she'll send you a "statement of non-compliance" via email which outlines anything she found during her visit that needs to be corrected. As soon as you've corrected the problem, you send proof that it has been taken care of and then she'll renew the license - if she hasn't already.

Also.....relax! I don't know about your area of the state but the licensors I've had in my area are all very nice. They definitely run things by the book but they're fair. Good luck tomorrow!
SimpleMom 12:18 PM 11-28-2011
I would try to have the parents get the info to you by tomorrow or even tonight and have it all together. Even if you have everything "together", there's always something little that may get missed. Lessen the chances--huh? I know it seems nerve wrecking, but it's usually all good Sounds like you are doing a good job!
Sometimes, it's a learning experience--even if you do miss something and it gets written up. I had that happen on my first review. It was something minor--can't even remember what it was! At the time, it was sooooo frustrating to me that I missed it and got a notice on it to fix it.

So, take a deeeep breath. It will all work out

Oh, and letting the parents know it needs to be in due to licensing requirements usually works. Most parents are understanding of that. I also let them know that I may not be able to continue care if I don't receive the missing items. (It's the truth) They know I am not just lying about it.lol That helps, too.
laundrymom 01:21 PM 11-28-2011
Suggestion, draw up something for your parents to sign that says what they are missing, what date you need it, and both of you sign it. ????
mismatchedsocks 01:25 PM 11-28-2011
Can you fill it in? What are you missing? I would say get it done, or try to before then. If its something big, your licenser may notice it, may not. If she does she may or may not write it on your record. No big deal if its just paperwork error.
daycare 01:29 PM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Can you fill it in? What are you missing? I would say get it done, or try to before then. If its something big, your licenser may notice it, may not. If she does she may or may not write it on your record. No big deal if its just paperwork error.
I would do my best to fill it in. If I did not know the answers to the information needed, I would be letting DCP know to expect a call from me tonight so that I can update records.

I do a quarterly update with all of my families. Just a practice that I do.
Reply Up