Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Do I Call Emergency Contacts? Kid Vomited, Parents Not Answering
MCC 09:43 AM 02-24-2014
It's been 40 minutes since I contacted both parents cell, and call them both at work. I have not heard back. He vomited all over the playroom, exactly at the time I was to start lunch, and while my assistant was bringing in the older kids from outside.

When do I call emergency contacts? Per contract they have one hour to come pick him up, or they will be greeted by a term letter. I really don't want to term them, but this unacceptable.
daycarediva 09:45 AM 02-24-2014
I would have already started dialing. Vomit is one and done here, too. I call both parents cells and leave a message, and send the same message as a text to both. Then I call work numbers. I have even called the 'main office line' and had a parent paged before to get ahold of them. Seriously, not ok. Can you imagine if it were a TRUE emergency?
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 02-24-2014
I call each parent. I give them 10 minutes to respond.

If they don't, I call the emergency contact people.

Waiting 40 minutes is very generous of you. I require the child to be picked up AND gone from my house within 45 TOTAL from the time I first called the parent.
MCC 10:11 AM 02-24-2014
DCM just got here, a minute before the cut off time. His temp this morning was normal, I took it as he was leaving and it was 102. Nice. I'm sure he was dosed before drop off.

I guess I need to review my policies with this family.
Cradle2crayons 11:11 AM 02-24-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I call each parent. I give them 10 minutes to respond.

If they don't, I call the emergency contact people.

Waiting 40 minutes is very generous of you. I require the child to be picked up AND gone from my house within 45 TOTAL from the time I first called the parent.
but I allow an hour because I live so far away it's literally a 55 minute drive one way
Reply Up