Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mom Has Not Paid
Unregistered 07:01 AM 12-31-2014
I got lucky this week because all 4 of my kids are not here! All the parents paid me before they left for this week. My contract states you pay friday for the following week. One of the moms has not paid. She was to show up in Sunday with payment but never did. I feel weird asking her to bring my money especially since her kid has not been her since last Wednesday but my contract states you pay if you are not here. I need money. Would you all send her a text?
KDC 07:40 AM 12-31-2014
I'm in a similar situation. They paid me for 1 week, but they took a vacation to TN for 2 weeks. So they paid me on 12/19 for the week of 12/22-12/26. A check was due the 26th (for this week) and another check is due Friday 1/2 (for the week of 1/5-1/9)... which they will be late on. Since they're relatively new, I'll give them a pass on the late fee, only because I dropped the ball and didn't give them an invoice ahead of time. I will be sending them a reminder e-mail with an invoice attached listing out what was due when and insist it be paid the day they return.

I think a text is appropriate. They probably just forgot and a reminder will be perfect. If their employer forgot to pay them, I'm sure they text/call to fix the situation. I say go for it!
Shell 07:44 AM 12-31-2014
Yes! I know it's uncomfortable, but she needs to pay you. I would send a text reminder that it is past due and you will need her to come by with payment. She may have forgotten or she may be doing this intentionally- you never know. But, make sure to follow up with a phone call if you don't hear back today!
NightOwl 08:00 AM 12-31-2014
Think of it this way. If you DON'T text her, she'll think this behavior is totally acceptable. And she'll likely become a repeat offender.
DaveA 08:20 AM 12-31-2014
Don't feel bad- this is your job. Getting paid on time is part of any job.
SilverSabre25 10:15 AM 12-31-2014
I've started making sure to address payments with parents before the time comes...been burned that way too many times. So I just swallow my "i hate asking" inclination and bring it up, usually lighthearted and non confrontational, and often via text (I loooove texting because I get more time to formulate my responses!). It gets easier the more you practice and develop your own "script" for such conversations, trust me. And the relief you feel from not having to stress and worry about it is awesome too.
melilley 10:22 AM 12-31-2014
I would send her a text. Maybe she forgot, maybe not.
The first text/call for something like this is so hard (at least it was for me), but after the first, it gets easier!
daycarediva 10:32 AM 12-31-2014
I would have texted her Friday.

Now I would send:

"Hi DCM! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. It probably slipped your mind, but payment for X-X was due X. In addition payment for X-X is due X. I will need both dropped off by X. THANKS!"
Reply Up