Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising?
CountryRoads 01:34 PM 09-04-2019
What do you guys do to advertise when you have a spot open?

I don't do Facebook. I did put an ad on Craigslist. I live in a super small town and have never had to advertise before!

I tried word of mouth through my daycare moms the last time I had a spot open, and it did not go well. They didn't pass the word along and I even had one dcm who would tell people I was full because "you wouldn't want to watch their kids anyway."

Flyers? Newspaper?

Any ideas?
284878 07:15 AM 09-05-2019
I have a website that gets posted by others when some is looking for DC on fb. Most of my interest comes from the state site or fb.
Their is one baby store that allows me to leave flyers but any other local store has banned them.

This is what I did was create a fake account on fb. Jane doe. Then lock it down to private. Then create a fb page for my DC, (set the contact us up with your email or phone number, I used my website)
Fb also has a page app (I have it on my old tablet) that only lets you access your page but not your account.
Ac114 07:32 AM 09-05-2019
All of my advertising is done on Facebook. It’s the new age and this is how most people look for child care as well. You can make a Facebook that’s just for your daycare and advertise when you have openings.
CountryRoads 07:35 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
All of my advertising is done on Facebook. It’s the new age and this is how most people look for child care as well. You can make a Facebook that’s just for your daycare and advertise when you have openings.
I figured I was going to have to break down and do a Facebook!

So, I can do one just for business? I definitely don't want a personal one.
Cat Herder 08:01 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I figured I was going to have to break down and do a Facebook!

So, I can do one just for business? I definitely don't want a personal one.
From my understanding, if you have a disgruntled client, you can't delete their posts on a business page. I think you can disable comments completely, but then they just keep reporting your page until it gets shut down.

I have not experienced it, but that was a topic of discussion in several training sessions.
CountryRoads 08:06 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
From my understanding, if you have a disgruntled client, you can't delete their posts on a business page. I think you can disable comments completely, but then they just keep reporting your page until it gets shut down.

I have not experienced it, but that was a topic of discussion in several training sessions.
Gotcha. I think I will do a page set up as a personal one - but for my daycare. I literally only want it for advertising. I have a different method of communicating with parents, so I don't plan in posting anything as far as pictures of kids, closures, etc.
Tags:advertising, marketing
Reply Up