Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Rates

Im curious about what others charge. What are rates for all day and what are all day hours? What do you charge for before school care and lastly, what do you charge for part time ( 5 hours or less).
Old 09-11-2019, 01:08 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Welcome to the forum. We TAG all of our threads here and that is the best way to search for topics. I've included several tags(that you can click on) on the bottom left of this thread that relate to your question.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araem910 View Post
I’m curious about what others charge. What are rates for all day and what are “ all day” hours? What do you charge for before school care and lastly, what do you charge for part time ( 5 hours or less).

I charge based on contracted hours so there is no such thing in my program as all day hours. I do not have standard open to close hours and open when the first child is scheduled to arrive and close when the last child is scheduled to be picked up.

Parents provide the times they need and then stick to them. Even if other children are scheduled to be in attendance later. So if Jane's mom says 4:00 pick up, she is late and charged a fee if she arrives any time after 4:00.

My rates are weekly and are based on the pick up time.
I do not discount rates for absences or time not used.

I do offer weekly rates for 3, 4 and 5 days a week and those too have parameters such as the 3 or 4 days (and times) specified in a family's contract is the ONLY time care is available for them without additional fees added.

For example if you contract for M,T,F care you pay for M,T,F care regardless of absences and you need to add in Wednesday you pay for that day IN ADDITION to paying for M,T,F. Make sense?

I do not provide care to school aged children and just this year amended my policies to no longer offer care to children that attend a preschool.

My rates are loosely based on pick up time. For example if Family A contracts for 5 days a week with a 3:00 pick up time and Family B contracts for 5 days a week with a 5:00 pick up time, Family B will pay a much higher weekly rate than Family A.

I do not count hours in care. The only hour I care about is which one the child is scheduled for pick up.

As for what I charge... I have no issue sharing although it is considered illegal to share with those in direct competition with you but you will find that what each program charges is very individual to not only each provider but each of the different areas as well.

I know a provider in the southern part of my state that charges almost twice what I do but again, she lives in a completely different area so she clearly tailors her rates to match her community.

My weekly rate starts at $140 minimum to $225 maximum
Old 09-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I don't like to police hours, fees or rates so I have one set rate for full-time, Monday-Friday, 7:30-5:30. I don't offer part-time at all. Tuition does not change based on attendance or federal holidays. I am currently at $150 per week. I do have a $1 per minute late fee, but terminate if I have to charge it more than a few times. My time with my DH is more valuable to me.

Getting rates might not help much, though, because they will be different based on your local economy. I am on the high end for where I live, but at the low end for many other places.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

I agree rates will vary depending on your area. When I closed I was charging 135 a week, open from 7-5. I charged based upon enrollment not attendance and did not accept PT. My insurance company allowed me 6 dcks so I told everybody I had to enroll FT kiddos. And I charged the same right across the board, infants/prek/school-age. I didn't want to mess with 'ok, your infant is not a 2 yo, I can drop your rates' type of thing. I guess I could never understand that because to me, prek and SA were a lot more work and expense. Lol But anyways...
When I closed my doors, a dcm spent 2 months becoming legal to provide dc in her own home. Talk about jumping through hoops. She charges 100 a week year round for SA(I have to think eventually that'll come back to bite her in the butt but IDK?), 165 for infant care, and 150 for toddler/prek. She's full and is developing a waiting list. I am so very happy for her but also wish I had upped my rates when I was still open, KWIM? Lol
Centers charge more but home dc is charging around 135-150 a week here.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

Im similar to cat herder.
I have one rate and I'm open 730am-530pm Monday thru Friday.

I have late pick up fees and late payment fees.

I have the highest rates in our city, including centers. I found a niche and I do it well with rave reviews which allows me to charge what I do.

Rates really depend on so much.... what are you offering, what are comparable rates in your city, what do you provide, e.t.c.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

open 7am-6pm
full-time only
$450 per week

Tags
before school - fee, part time rate, rates, rates - 24 hour