Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Take Advantage Of This?
daycare 01:49 PM 10-05-2011
So my son who is 4 is playing soccer with the YMCA. We have been with the league since he was two years old. I am very active in his sports and always have a hand in coaching or being the team mom. I have NEVER prospected any of the parents on his teams or other teams, but have mentioned here and there that I do have a DC and I do run a preschool program from it.

With Halloween on it's way, I got to thinking that I would like to hand out candy bags to the entire league, about 150 kids ages 2- 5 years old. I would have my lable on it advertising my daycare. I am not sure why I feel this way, but would it be rude to do this? I don't think anyone else would have a problem with it. there is one family who owns a sign company and they made our banner for the team. It's very professional and at every game, they hang it up. It also has their business info on it along with contact if you want a banner.

Would you take advantage of this? Should I call and ask if it's ok?
sharlan 02:15 PM 10-05-2011
With the econonmy being what it is, I would definitely call and ask if it would be allowed.
daycare 02:17 PM 10-05-2011
Ok. My husband said that it might give people the wrong impression and that I am only there to try and advertise....

thanks for giving me your thoughts on this.
sharlan 02:42 PM 10-05-2011
My daughater told me that advertising on Halloween candy was "too freaky", but I'm doing it anyways.

Right now we have to do what we have to do.
daycare 02:54 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My daughater told me that advertising on Halloween candy was "too freaky", but I'm doing it anyways.

Right now we have to do what we have to do.
lol really... My 15 year old offered to stay home to pass out the candy so that I could take the little guy out to trick or treat.

I was thinking about asking a friend of mine if she would also pass out some candy for me as well. I will give her all of the supplies and she just has to pass it out. She lives on the other end of the town.

and yes we have to do what we have to do
kendallina 03:19 PM 10-05-2011
I would call and ask just to be sure it wouldn't be against the rules, but personally I would much rather see advertisements for small home businesses than advertisements for crap or crazy toys or video games or something...lol. I say go for it!
sharlan 03:20 PM 10-05-2011
That's my plans. My one daughter lives on the other side of town, so I'll take the candy there.
Tags:advertising on halloween, halloween, halloween - ideas
Reply Up