Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Was This Rude?
morgan24 08:40 AM 10-28-2011
I have two dcks who come on Tue. and Thur. They pay every 2 weeks. She didn't pay me for the last two weeks until the following week. So yesterday was her pay day and her boyfriend dropped the kids off. I asked him if he was going to pick up and he said yea, so I said tell dcm that her total for this week is, so she can send a check back with you. He acted a little put out, but I thought I said it nice.
Zoe 08:40 AM 10-28-2011
I'm sure YOU weren't the one who was rude. You were just checking to make sure you were getting paid. I would do the same thing.
Nellie 10:18 AM 10-28-2011
My parents are great. They will pay early if for some reason some one else has to drop off/pick up. Stick the payment in the bag, write out a blank check, ect. But in the past I've found it very convenient for grandma to drop off and pick up on payday.
dave4him 10:41 AM 10-28-2011
sometimes people, guys included, can come off sounding put out when they really arent, at least i know i do!
laundrymom 10:52 AM 10-28-2011
Ok,... She forgot to pay, you gave balance info about the week and YOU think you may have been rude? No worries sweets. Don't give his reaction a second thought. Now had you said, Omg, can you tell robin the check best not be late and you got to bring it at pickup,...!!!???

That's rude. Lol. But the way you did it was just informational. :-)
Ariana 06:02 PM 10-29-2011
Some people are just a little uncomfortable when money is discussed. Maybe it was that?
DaisyMamma 04:48 AM 10-30-2011
I'll bet he was irritated with her for not letting him know he might be put in the middle of the payment situation.
MarinaVanessa 08:59 AM 10-31-2011
Or maybe he was irritated because he felt embarrassed because his GF didn't pay her childcare fees on time and now he's in the middle. I mean if my DH hired our plumber buddy to do some work and then didn't pay his bill on time and I ran into our plumber buddy and he asked me to remind my DH to pay him I'd be sooo embarrased.

Maybe his attitude wasn't meant for you, maybe she's bad with money and he like "Great. Something else to worry about". Who knows right?
Tags:pay day, payment issues
Reply Up