Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustration
cheerfuldom 08:09 PM 06-29-2014
Something that really frustrates me is the constant training, if you will, of new parents who have no idea what they are getting into with home daycare. They want it all and a bag of chips LOL and it is exhausting to say over and over, people don't offer that, and certainly not for the budget you have.

Most recent scenario is a set of moms that contacted me individually about infant care (kids are both 6 months or under). Turns out they knew each other and wanted to keep the babies together, both on teacher's schedules (aka probably wanting summers unpaid, etc.) and one with early drop offs. They should of just said from the beginning that they knew each other and they were a package deal instead of wasting my time as I talked to each individually, answering questions, sending parent info. only to find out that only being able to take one is a deal breaker. Plus I advertised for only one spot! You can't have two spots just because you want it LOL

so I explained to one mom that no, I won't do early drop offs (certainly not for an infant that will probably cry all morning and wake my kids up early) and then to the other mom, I don't even have two spots anyway. I tried to explain that two spots will be hard to find. Licensed home care are generally licensed for two under two. Legally unlicensed is not supposed to take more than four kids of any age. Plus a lot of providers won't take babies at all or won't take two. And even more providers wont take teacher's schedules. AND school starts in 6 weeks and neither mom has care lined up! eeeek! these ladies are in trouble. I have ONE spot and I think I might hear back from one mom in the next few weeks once they call all over town and find nothing. We will see.
mamamanda 04:35 AM 06-30-2014
That is frustrating. It seems like most parents actually want a personal nanny who will work for them personally. They don't seem to realize they are entering a group care setting where we have to do what is best for the group. Many of us do child care at home so we can care for our own families while still working, but the parents want us to give up our family time to take care of their family instead. That is one thing that really gets me going. Haha
AmyKidsCo 01:40 PM 06-30-2014
That would be frustrating! It would've been nice if they'd come in to interview together so you knew the whole story from the beginning.
Tags:training
Reply Up