Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unlicensed - How Many Kids Simultaneously Question
katzan 12:50 PM 05-05-2014
Okay, I'm in FL and the law here is 1 family outside of those related to you. My question is, is that in general? Does anyone know? Can you watch one kid 2 days and a different kid another 2 days? If it's at separate times does that count as a "daycare". If it's not simultaneous and multiple days a week, is it considered an unlicensed daycare still?
TwinKristi 01:10 PM 05-05-2014
In CA you can, as long as it's one family at a time. I watched one family Mon & Fri and another on Tues-Wed-Thur prior to getting licensed.
Unregistered 01:21 PM 05-05-2014
Here in Nevada you can watch one kid at a time.
Deb
Chellieleanne 02:50 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Here in Nevada you can watch one kid at a time.
Deb
In nevada you can watch up to 4 without being licensed. Once you have 5 kids simultaneously you need to be licensed. I have read the daycare laws so many times

OP:
As for the rules, I know California is only one child outside of family at a time, so I suspect Florida would be similar. So you could watch one kid two days a week and another kid 3 days a week and still be within the law.
craftymissbeth 05:19 PM 05-05-2014
Maybe these links will help?

https://www.daycare.com/florida/flor..._provider.html

https://www.daycare.com/florida/

It also says there are certain counties where it's required to be licensed rather than just a registered daycare. I didn't see any info on being completely unlicensed... just registered or licensed.
spinnymarie 08:05 AM 05-06-2014
I don't know for sure, but I would feel safe in assuming that one family means one family at a time, since usually the laws are regarding the number of children at the same time.
katzan 09:46 AM 05-13-2014
I'm pretty sure you guys are right, especially since when I called DCF they said "at the same time." I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything "illegal."

As far as licensing/registration. I plan to get my license (or registration depending on the county I live in - I really hate the idea of all the fees and licensing rules) when I move, at that point, I'll be taking in another child full time. I can only have 5 kids that are preschool age and under, and since mine count, that is already 2 spots "filled" and then my one family I watch is giving birth in September so that will be another 4. I'll only have one spot open until my son goes to Kindy in the fall, and then another spot will open up.

I watch 1 child 4 days a week, and then when he's not here, I have another kid on Tuesday. And then I "babysit" on the weekend for some extra money. A 5 mo old until 1 and a 7yr old at 2 until 10. So none of them are "at the same time."
Tags:florida, florida licensing, unlicensed
Reply Up