Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lawsuits?
Sunny Day 10:02 AM 02-02-2011
Sorry, I have another question--one of those days! Not that I'm getting sued or worried about it really, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been sued or been threatened with it? How easy is it to sue a private home daycare provider? What were the outcomes? Thanks--I'm just having one of those paranoid days because I was reading the daycare insurance thread!
greenhouse 07:11 AM 02-03-2011
I am new, but I was in first aid class with an experienced provider who told me she was sued by DCP after DCB broke his arm on her swing set. The parents still sent the kid every day like nothing ever happened, but her insurance did cover the lawsuit and life went on she said.
SandeeAR 08:57 AM 02-03-2011
If a parent sued me, you can guarantee, I wouldn't be taking their child again! I would be afraid they were looking for something else to sue over.
jen 09:07 AM 02-03-2011
Holy Cow! No way in the world! None!
nannyde 09:30 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
I am new, but I was in first aid class with an experienced provider who told me she was sued by DCP after DCB broke his arm on her swing set. The parents still sent the kid every day like nothing ever happened, but her insurance did cover the lawsuit and life went on she said.
Did the parents sue her or their insurance company?
Tags:lawyer, small claims, sue
Reply Up