Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hiring Restrictions
Blanche 01:55 PM 12-04-2008
Reside in the state of Georgia. In the process of opening a Child Care Center and want to hire an individual to keep the facility's books, payroll, submit state and federal tax forms, etc but the problem is this person is currently on probation in Georgia (Felony Theft).

Would we be able to hire this person if they are not working with the children but as an office employee or can we hire her as an independent contractor to perform this work.

Just don't want to violate rules/regulations.
MissLisa 11:11 PM 12-06-2008
Are you seriously considering someone with a felony theft record to take care of MONEY... your living... ??????????? First to answer your question... You cannot make that decision... you have to run it by your state licensing rep...and they tell you if they accept it... they will reciew all circumstances and decide...
MissLisa 11:17 PM 12-06-2008
Ok.... as for hiring them.... I would NOT even consider hiring someone with that back ground... I have been through something similar... and I don't wish that on anyone. To make an enormous story short. I had an office girl... age 24 ... very sweet....gentle, soft spoken and claimed to be a christian... and I trusted her to help in my office... with activity fundraising... MINOR book keeping for parent payments... and files and charts...and she ended up embezzling OVER 30K from me over a period of less than a YEAR...and it has been two years and I am still fighting it in the courts.... and it has me on the edge of losing my business because the big amount of loss has caught up with me... so save yourself a lot of problems... DON'T hire them... let them find a job that doesnt deal with money.... Locks keep honest people honest...and keeps dishonest people OUT...and why tempt them ....
Reply Up