Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>teachers kids back to full time rate?
MsMe 10:27 AM 08-08-2011
I have a school teacher family that takes the summer "off" she pays only a daily rate for the days her child is here.

Today she asks what the daily rate for her new child (baby who has not attened yet) as they will both be here four days next week as she prepares to start the school year...and back "full time" next week.

Four days (accourding to my contract) is full time.

Do I charge full rate or cont with daily rate? Daily vs Full is a differance of about 20.00 (in her favor)
wdmmom 10:30 AM 08-08-2011
I would figure up the hours. Are her kids going to be there more than 5 hours per day (that's what I consider full time), than charge her the full time rate.
Cat Herder 10:30 AM 08-08-2011
Full-Time.

I do not discount for Teachers.

You should go by your contract. If you don't why will she feel she has to the rest of the year...
MsMe 10:50 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
You should go by your contract. If you don't why will she feel she has to the rest of the year...
this is actually why i have the question.. in the summer her contract is day to day 1-3 days per week. She has never asked for 4 so the "4 days is full time" has never come up.
Cat Herder 10:55 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
this is actually why i have the question.. in the summer her contract is day to day 1-3 days per week. She has never asked for 4 so the "4 days is full time" has never come up.
Then, if I am correct...

According to your contract she either has a choice of attending 1-3 Days OR Full-Time.

1-3 days is charged the daily rate based on attendance.

4-5 days is charged the Full-Time rate not based on attendance.

She needs 4 days so she pays Full-Time.

Don't let her make you feel guilty or doubt yourself. You are NOT being unfair.
AnneCordelia 10:58 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Then, if I am correct...

According to your contract she either has a choice of attending 1-3 Days OR Full-Time.

1-3 days is charged the daily rate based on attendance.

4-5 days is charged the Full-Time rate not based on attendance.

She needs 4 days so she pays Full-Time.

Don't let her make you feel guilty or doubt yourself. You are NOT being unfair.
Yup!! This is it!
MsMe 11:15 AM 08-08-2011
thanks ladies!!!!

I don't doubt myself often, but when I do it nice to have a place to go for advice

I went with full time rate for next week.
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, rates - fair and reasonable, rates - flat fee, rates - hourly to daily
Reply Up