Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Much Sickness At School So Let’s Go To Daycare
Unregistered 05:54 AM 05-28-2015
the local school sysytem does a prerschool for 3's and 4's am and pm. I have two children that go, one in am, other in pm.... there has been an upperespiratory thing with bad cough going around both kids stayed home yesterday but both families want them to come to daycare all day today so they do not get 'reinfected'.(this is a four day preschool) They were here all day Tues. snotting, sneezing and coughing all over the rest of us.So now what would all of you do? They aren't 'sick' any more but coming to daycare. Neither went to the dr. so I'm guessing the cough is better. Think I need to add a clause to my contract ...too sick for school or too scared you might get sick maybe you should keep the kids home.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
the local school sysytem does a prerschool for 3's and 4's am and pm. I have two children that go, one in am, other in pm.... there has been an upperespiratory thing with bad cough going around both kids stayed home yesterday but both families want them to come to daycare all day today so they do not get 'reinfected'.(this is a four day preschool) They were here all day Tues. snotting, sneezing and coughing all over the rest of us.So now what would all of you do? They aren't 'sick' any more but coming to daycare. Neither went to the dr. so I'm guessing the cough is better. Think I need to add a clause to my contract ...too sick for school or too scared you might get sick maybe you should keep the kids home.
If kids are too sick to be in school (ANY off site school...pre-school included) they are too sick to be in daycare.

I would let parents know that immediately. It's rather rude of the parents to simply assume you'll take them if the school won't or the parents feel they are too ill to be in preschool.

You have children younger with even less mature immune systems so I am not at all following the parent's line of thinking on this one.

Bottom line...if they are too sick to participate in normal daily activities, they need to be at home. NOT daycare.
daycare 08:41 AM 05-28-2015
I have this rule and did not know at the time of making it that it is actually a law in my district.

If your child does not attend school for any reason on a normal operating school day, your child may not attend daycare. Should your child need to miss school for a medical appointment and need to attend care, a note from your medical provider will be required to admit your child into care. No credits or refunds will be given.

i found out from my friend who works for the school Dist that we can get into trouble if the school was to find out that we are keeping kids at daycare as an option instead of going to school. When the kids are not at school, the school does not get paid. So therefore the school losses money and they see it that I am making money off of a kid coming to my place vs. the school getting paid to go to school like they are supposed to.

The school does not know that I have a pay for the spot, in attendance or not, but they are basing it off of govt. asst. i am sure.

I would re-write your policy to something similar so that you are not in this situation again...
Play Care 09:33 AM 05-28-2015
I have the same policy as Black Cat. And I do the transporting to school, so the kids would be going.
NightOwl 10:07 AM 05-28-2015
That's my policy. No school = no daycare.
Unregistered 11:04 AM 05-28-2015
I'm the original poster...the kids did not go back to school today 'so they were not recontaminated'(parents words) not because they were sick themselves(althoguh one kid did cough the entire time here.)And they got here at 10:15 and left at 1:30. I was livid....it's nap time here!When Uncle asks where the third child is I told him...he's asleep... we are waiting for you out here because it's nap every day 12-3:30....that's why I hate pick ups like this.So now I have the cough will I get a sick day? no I will work thru a fever and just about anything else.Sorry ladies/gents.
Reply Up