Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
sdawnd 10:22 AM 02-25-2010
What is the best way to advertise for openings? I am opening a new daycare. I put ads in the local papers. Second day, no calls. I know not very long, but I really want this to work. How do you advertise?
melskids 11:32 AM 02-25-2010
not to put a damper on things, but it could take a while for you to get any calls. especially when you are a new daycare. i have been open since july, and i still have a few openings. it takes some time to get your name out there. besides the local paper, i put fliers up, called the school to give them my name, and i bought magnets for my car with my name on them. word of mouth is the BEST way to get your name out there. i go to alot of community functions, and use every opprotunity to mention i have a daycare. ("oh what a cute little girl you have, how old is she, oh i have a daycare and yadda yadda") you get my drift.....lol oh yeah, i made business cards, brochures, and tshirts too. good luck! hang in there, you'll get calls soon!!!
DBug 11:34 AM 02-25-2010
The best way is by word of mouth -- parents would rather hear of a daycare from someone they trust, even if that person doesn't have any personal experience with the daycare themselves (if they do, so much the better). Hand out business cards everywhere you go, to parents in the grocery store, at the park, in the loot bags at your own kids' birthday parties, etc. Put flyers up everywhere, so that people in your neighbourhood/town start to recognize your name. Then when a friend mentions that they're looking for child care, people will think of you first.

In my area, people tend to Google things before doing anything else, so the majority of my parents first found out about me through my website (free one, through wix.com). I'm also listed on Kijiji (like Craigslist), and quite often that's a first point of contact too.

When I started, I expected to hear from people right away too, but the truth is it took a few months for things to really pick up. And when parents heard that I was already caring for a few kids, they were more likely to come for an interview and eventually register.

Good luck, and hang in there!
sdawnd 01:59 PM 02-25-2010
Thanks for your input everyone. Lots of great ideas!
Unregistered 04:36 AM 02-26-2010
Try printing fliers or business cards and asking if you can set them out at local businesses that target children - maternity wards, childrens stores, pediatricians, child photographers, etc.

Lots of parents use the internet to srearch for daycare. Get a website.

Good luck,
Mel
TGT09 11:39 AM 02-26-2010
I had a large magnet for my car with my website, name and number put on it.

I also did the yard sign and actually got my 2nd child that way.

There are also websites that you can go to: www.care.com and www.sittercity.com Most of the parents on them want you to come to their house but there are a few that want an in home daycare. I have gotten many calls from paying attention on there and creating a profile on both of them.
Michael 11:46 AM 02-26-2010
You can also list your daycare on http://Daycare.com
Tags:advertise
Reply Up