Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing Daycare Name?
Homebody 08:41 AM 02-07-2018
So my husband and I are considering changing our daycare name. We didn't put much thought into it when we first registered and just used our first names and last name followed by "Day Care Home". Its a very long name, and we would like to change it to something shorter and easier to remember, especially now that I'm thinking of building a website for the daycare. Right now we are thinking about using the name the county gave for the area our home is located in. I don't want to give the full name here, as I don't want the domain name to get taken before I can get it changed....lol. Right now the following domain names are available:

Sunny "...." Home Daycare
Sunny "...." Family Daycare
Sunny "...." Childcare (or Child Care)
Sunny "...." Playhouse
Sunny "...." Group Daycare (or Childcare)

What do you all think? I'm open to suggestions. My main concern is that I don't want people to confuse us for a daycare center or preschool. Thanks!
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 02-07-2018
I've always preferred Family Daycare or Family Child Care....

IMHO, most daycare parents don't use the full business name anyways and instead of saying Blackcat's Family Child Care, they simply say something like "My kids go to Blackcats."
Country Kids 08:56 AM 02-07-2018
I think using Child Care in a name makes it sound more professional. I have always thought a good well thought out name tells a lot about the program.

I actually use "Academy" in my name and I have had other child cares tell me they really like that because it sounds very professional. Some of the providers have thought about doing something similar but with different wording.
Homebody 09:02 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've always preferred Family Daycare or Family Child Care....

IMHO, most daycare parents don't use the full business name anyways and instead of saying Blackcat's Family Child Care, they simply say something like "My kids go to Blackcats."
Thanks for the suggestion! That's a good point you made about the parents shortening it.
Homebody 09:07 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I think using Child Care in a name makes it sound more professional. I have always thought a good well thought out name tells a lot about the program.

I actually use "Academy" in my name and I have had other child cares tell me they really like that because it sounds very professional. Some of the providers have thought about doing something similar but with different wording.
I agree Child Care sounds more professional, but my husband prefers Daycare...lol. Good idea in using "Academy" in your name. I bet that really helps to set you apart!

I should probably add that even though we watch children of all ages, I think we will be catering a lot more towards infant to 3 years in the future. We don't offer any kind of preschool curriculum.
daycarediva 09:22 AM 02-07-2018
If you want that niche market, you could always use something like

Sunny...... Nursery School

and attach Sunny .... Nursery School and Daycare

I used preschool because I catered to 2-5 years, and that was ok, except parents expectations were different.

I now use (and childcare) attached to my name in the first sentence of all advertisements BUT NOT in my name for length reasons.

Yep, parents shortened my name, too. I really like what they use, too.
Homebody 09:47 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
If you want that niche market, you could always use something like

Sunny...... Nursery School

and attach Sunny .... Nursery School and Daycare

I used preschool because I catered to 2-5 years, and that was ok, except parents expectations were different.

I now use (and childcare) attached to my name in the first sentence of all advertisements BUT NOT in my name for length reasons.

Yep, parents shortened my name, too. I really like what they use, too.
Hmmm...yeah, using "Nursery" in the name is definitely another consideration. Thanks for the suggestion!
Tags:business name, name change, website name
Reply Up