Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Art Supplies
radhas 04:30 PM 03-25-2011
ARt supplies seems to be more expensive. Where everybody gets it from?
JeepGirl6 04:32 PM 03-25-2011
I get a lot of my art supplies at Walmart. I also go to Pacatans for some great art ideas/project
Abigail 10:12 PM 03-25-2011
I stocked up at Target and Walmart after the back-to-school specials went on clearance. They were almost 75%+ off everything. I still spent $50, but I have half a small tote FULL of art supplies (not including paper).
Meyou 01:48 AM 03-26-2011
I get as much as I can for the year at the back to school sales and then I supliment that stash from the dollar store *for things like feathers and stickers* and a teacher's store here in town. They teachers store has great prices on construction paper. I can get 50 12"x24" pieces for $1.61.
PitterPatter 04:33 AM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I get as much as I can for the year at the back to school sales and then I supliment that stash from the dollar store *for things like feathers and stickers* and a teacher's store here in town. They teachers store has great prices on construction paper. I can get 50 12"x24" pieces for $1.61.
Speaking of construction paper... I have tried buying it at dif stores but it all seems flimsy these days. Nothing like we used when I was a kid. We made hats and all kinds of sturdy things. Now it's very thin. Anyone know of a place that makes good sturdy paper?
SilverSabre25 04:47 AM 03-26-2011
I get mine at Lakeshore. I love Lakeshore.

I also get things at Target, JoAnns, and anywhere they sell Crayola stuff. I only use Lakeshore or Crayloa because those are the only things I trust to ACTUALLY be washable.
radhas 07:16 AM 03-26-2011
Thanks everyone. Planning to go to walmart today to get supplies. Two boys are starting from Monday. I am so excited.
youretooloud 08:37 AM 03-26-2011
I've been buying it at discount school supplies. (online)

But, I really wish I had a Lakeshore nearby. I'd probably spend too much money there anyway.
Abigail 09:32 AM 03-26-2011
I thought Lakeshore was only a website, do they have a building somewhere?! Does any place in St. Paul/Minneapolis sell child care supplies at a great price--maybe IKEA?
Meeko 11:39 AM 03-28-2011
I buy at the back to school sales, order online (Lakeshore/Carson Dellosa etc) and make sure that donations are always welcome from parents!

Parents have asked me over the years if I like chocolates etc (who doesn't?!!) but I tell them that if they are considering buying a gift for me for Christmas etc....that I would much rather have art supplies for the day care.

Friends at church also know that if their kids grow out of certain toys, art supplies, even move up to the next size diapers and have old sizes left over....that we happily take it all!!
wdmmom 05:54 AM 03-29-2011
Speaking of construction paper...

Has anyone else noticed that when you buy the bundles of multiple colors, the "RED" isn't actually red at all? It looks more like a hot pink? I bought 3 different packages at 3 different stores and they were all the same. NOT RED!

Valentine's Day decorations were all sorts of "pinky".
Jenjo 03:27 PM 03-29-2011
I love discount school supply good stuff cheap and comes in the mail fast, and back to school sales for me.
Tags:art supplies
Reply Up