Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Earth Day
SilverSabre25 07:30 PM 04-21-2014
It's a bit late, but....

Whatcha dooin'?
Unregistered 08:00 PM 04-21-2014
Doing a little unit on reduce, reuse, recycle. We've been saving recyclables for a couple of months, so that my intrepid band of dcbs can build whatever they want to build.
And we are using small food cans to make planters for seeds, using paper recycled from parents workplaces to cover and decorate the cans.
Sing to the tune of The More We Get Together:
Reduce, reuse, recycle,
Recycle, recycle.
Reduce, reuse, recycle,
It's easy to do.
For your world is my world
And my world is your world.
Reduce, reuse, recycle,
It's easy to do.
preschoolteacher 08:09 PM 04-21-2014
We are reading The Earth Book, sorting/categorizing recyclables, and going on a litter pick up walk! Probably some Earth craft too.
jenn 09:52 AM 04-22-2014
We are doing "Clean up the earth day". We cleaned out our flower bed (and dug in the dirt much more than necessary) to get it ready for our tomato plants. We will save planting for next week since I forgot to buy the plants!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:03 AM 04-22-2014
This is just turning into an odd week.
I have a couple of books I was going to read but we had a visitor and played instead.
I had picked up the Melissa and Doug fishing puzzle last weekend and they really loved that. My 3 yr old who I was thinking of when I got it knew all of the sea creatures
This afternoon we are going to dig in the dirt! I have 4 boys and my worm loving girl so they will play outside forever!
Sunshine74 09:31 PM 04-22-2014
We did this project, it turned out very cute. I will post a pic tomorrow.
Reply Up